Im looking at getting a new guitar and I noticed the Jackson RR3, heres the link. I was woundering if anyone knows how good the guitar is, I really want a randy rhoads body possibley some other v , with a locking trem, a neck thru or set neck would be nice but those are out of my price range, if it helps I play mostly thrash metal.
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
Last edited by gibson_10 at Aug 22, 2006,
I would personally save up for the more expensive one, but then maybe thats because I think Randy is a God!

Personally I am not a fan of them V shapes you can't hold them normally to practice. Sure they look the bomb but just so annoying to hold!
^ the lower horn goes between your legs.
I know that but personally I find it a bit awkward and begs your wrist to get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
my friend has one with emg's in it and he plays mostly metal/rock/classic rock. they have a really nice sound and a pretty quick neck. i have played a few. i personally am not a fan of fr trems so... but neck thru is way sweet. i dunno if you wanna save up, it would probly be wortht the wait. so overall... i think it is a very good guitar, playing sitting down you get used to and for thrash metal i think youll like the sound, but probly if you want more aggressive and xtreme crunch, you might wanna change the pu's to emgs.hope that helped
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
Quote by Jaffaps2
I know that but personally I find it a bit awkward and begs your wrist to get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

i always play with the guitar betweem my legs insted of over one...i guess im ****ed cuz i like playing the way i do
Quote by Brandon860
hey man, any person with a Wayne's World avatar I have all the faith in the world in

Founder of the "Taco Bell > You" PM me to join.
Quote by Confined Rage
i always play with the guitar betweem my legs insted of over one...i guess im ****ed cuz i like playing the way i do

i thought that was actually the best way to play.
No no I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with that way, of course there isn't, no way, but to me it's horrible.
its not bad the problem i have with it is the trem is that of a half decent one but you can always swap it straight for an OFR so yeh thats that done. also what amp do you use?
^ I got fender FM but after toggleing knobs hours on end I've found a good sound.
rr3's are alright...if i were you id save for an rr1, sure its a hell of alot of money, but it wont leave you wanting for more, whereas i believe the rr3 will
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

what do you mean other than the neck thru, and when the floyd goes ill just get an official one, and plus i will have to save for like 2 and a half years for the rr1.