does any1 know what key (what scale) the star spangled banner is that begins 0123 if u can understand that if not sorry but help please . . .thanx
lol sorry i mean b-0 g-1 d-2 g-1 b-0 i dont know how to tab lol yea im sorry bout that if thats anybetter

but im talkin about what key is it in like for instance ---- purple haze = e you c?
Last edited by hendrix&angus! at Aug 22, 2006,
Quote by doggy_hat
The only scale I know off that has 4 consecutive half steps in it is The Spanish scale

Chromatic ftw!
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by hendrix&angus!
lol sorry i mean b-0 g-1 d-2 g-1 b-0 i dont know how to tab lol yea im sorry bout that if thats anybetter

but im talkin about what key is it in like for instance ---- purple haze = e you c?

by b-0 g-1 d-2 g-1 b-0 do you mean

E|------------------
B|--0------------0-
G|-----1-----1-----
D|--------2---------
A|-------------------
E|-------------------
Quote by Johnljones7443
Star Spangled Banner is in the key of G Major.

isn't it originally in Bb and just transposed from person to person so that it is actually singable?
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by UtBDan
isn't it originally in Bb and just transposed from person to person so that it is actually singable?

Originally G and usually transposed to Ab or Bb.

Some kind of resolution was passed for G Major to be the 'official' key of the song, I don't know the details.

I just know it's originally in the key of G Major. I have no idea about guitar versions from he likes of Hendrix etc.
the way i transcribed it (not exact, but it's my version) is in G major with a few out-of-key notes added in
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
you can play it in any damn key you want! usually if someone is going to perform it, they change it to a key that the singer is comfortable with. unless explicitly specified by the composer (i.e., pachelbel's Canon in D major), the key of a song is usually pretty flexible. the most important thing to consider is the singer's range. it's better to have a song in a changed key than in a key that's out of the singer's range. classical composers have other reasons for setting keys, but i don't know enough about it to go into detail. for your purposes, go with a comfortable key for you.
Quote by axe_grinder247
the way i transcribed it (not exact, but it's my version) is in G major with a few out-of-key notes added in

and yes this song does have a couple of out of key notes. that's on purpose.
Quote by Dan Steinman
and yes this song does have a couple of out of key notes. that's on purpose.

Yes, they're called accidentals.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by himynamesjonny
hendrix&angus! It's the Lydian scale, with a 4th instead of the 4#.

This cheered me up.

Still gonna close this thread for necroing though.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here