Alright my dad is wanting to get me a Gibson Les Paul i was wondering whats the cut off of were gibson starts to beat out the top of the line epiphone les pauls i dont think my dad wants to spend way to much on a guitar but what should i do?
Why the desparate need to get a Gibby? How 'bout an Epi Elitist. Beats out any Gibson close to it in price.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Wayward_Son
Why the desparate need to get a Gibby? How 'bout an Epi Elitist. Beats out any Gibson close to it in price.

where can you find an Elitist LP thats not on Ebay?

EDIT: Just checked MF and when did they restock the Elitist? still its about the same price as a Studio, which cosmeticaly, not as good as an Elitist, still has the Gibson name, which is what the dad wants. BTW, why does your dad care what guitar you get? is he helping you buy it?
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Last edited by angusyoungwanab at Aug 22, 2006,
Gibsons will always be better because of their parts used, Epi will always be a copy.

But people think that Epis are therefore crap and it's not true. You could buy a half decent Epi and it would be great stock. If you wanted to shell out a few extra notes you could get the humbuckers upgraded to Gibson standard.

Sure the materials wouldn't be the same but it would be a great imitation.
Quote by Wayward_Son

I have to agree. Name is always better. I always thought I wanted a Hummer until I drove one. Sit down and play each and several models of each. Test Drive!!
^Any Epiphone Dealer.

I'd say go for an Epi Elitist or Gibson LP Studio. Of course, if your dad's paying and there's no limit on price, go for a Gibson LP standard.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
alright cool thanks for the help i will definatly play a lot of guitars in the future befor we buy it
does this mean i should pay double on MF for a Gibson SG instead of getting an Epi SG?
Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy Sketchy
^An Epiphone G-400 SG is a great guitar. And, from your other post, I'm assuming you're looking at the Gibson SG Faded Special. If that's the case, I'd say go with the Epiphone G-400. There are quite a few variations of it that all have different prices, so try them all.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I went out on friday and try meny guitars i found that the gibson les paul standerd fits me and my style like white on rice even my dad like the way it fit me, there were only 3 or 4 colors and we found an aged one for about $2700 i almost **** my pants when my dad agreed to get that guitar so now all i have to do is wait!!
Quote by kawirider276
I went out on friday and try meny guitars i found that the gibson les paul standerd fits me and my style like white on rice even my dad like the way it fit me, there were only 3 or 4 colors and we found an aged one for about $2700 i almost **** my pants when my dad agreed to get that guitar so now all i have to do is wait!!

are your parents looking to adopt anytime soon?
Go get your shovel.
$2700 USD? No Gibson LP Standard should cost that much. Unless it's a vintage one.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^That is actually about the List price of a Les Paul Classic. Tell dad that there is room for dealing.

I'm glad you found one you liked.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by kawirider276

Why are you shiting your pants, and not jumping for joy?
i definantly would rock a nice 600 dollar epiphone standard and have a great guitar to play for years to come instead of wasting 2700 bucks..