i got a BOSS DS-1 Pedal about 2 months ago, and i was wondering if ne 1 knew ne good settings besides the ones they include in the manual
Define "good"
...really need some information here.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
more of a grunge sound, on the heavier side, i also just really wanna exeriment with the sound to i also need a better amp
turn the tone pretty low, usually to zero, distortion pretty high, maybe at Max, use the Level to make it ~even with Clean signal

edit: and play with it from there? after 2 months, hell after less than 2 days i'd figured out how to tweak what knobs to get what sound thouroughly.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Last edited by boardsofcanada at Aug 22, 2006,
Put the tone just left of the middle and the gain in the middle to get a nice warm crunchy lead sound. Altough ther aint much you can do with that pedal.
no i know how to tweak the knobs i just wanted to see what other sounds i can get out of it, ill try theses thanx. o and there isnt a lot you can do with this pedal what do you reccomend?
If I'm going for a heavier sound with my ds-1 I'll usually have the tone at 10 or 11 o'clock and the distortion at about 3 o'clock.
...Bleep Bloop...
how do you read settings like that? sry i havent learned how to read settings yet. can you explain those to me
ok im guessing you wana nirvana sound? well heres the settings i use on my ds-1 and there about the same kurt used. Tone-11oclock/ gain- 5oclock. go with that<<
I also play a lot of Nirvana with my Marshall Jackhammer.

Intrested in playing together?
DS-1: kurt used these: tone 11-12 o clock, distortion max, level max

AMP: he had the trebs on his amp at like 10 and bass at 3 i think....(not in o' clock)
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules