Ok I have this amp, and I really enjoy gigging with it I've done about 20+ gigs with it. I'm thinking about buying a new amp though because this amp does not take pedals very well I mean in my experience the pedals just either don't work or they just sound weird on the amp? Is this just me? I mean I have monster cables that I know work... I mean theres nothing wrong with the amp but I just don't like being brought down to only being able to use 2 effects ( only 2 can be saved and used via the footswitch) I'd rather use my pedal board and make my own effects that way. So with that in mind has anyone here who owns this amp ever had this problem. And if I was going to purchase a new amp what should I buy Im talking tube amp 700+ bucks I was thinking maybe a VOX head with a 4 x 12 cab. I'm not sure yet Im sure thats up in the 1k+ range but does anyone have any help , suggestions or anything for this problem I have?
Valvetronixes dont take pedals well. sad but true. what kind of tone are you looking for in a new amp? definitely go a tube combo, if you go half stack with that kind of a budget, half the money will easily go into a cab and youre left with no money and end up getting a crappy head and therefore a crappy tone. 700-1000 usd= a pretty darn good amp, new even!
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
yea i love the valvetronix and I will definatley keep it for practicing or i mite sell it to a friend just so i know it would be taken care of...but lets say the money is in the 1500-2000 range what kinda setup would be the best way to go for the tube combo? Also what about a tube amp just by itself would a Vox AC 30 amp work out for me? Im looking for some good tones im in a punk band but dont take that as in i just want a linear sound we are a christian punk band and we play a lotta cool melodies so i need an amp that can kick in for some heavy choruses yet can hold itself back during lower parts that you need to hear notes really clearly if you understand what i mean..
damn man, i would love to have that kind of money able to go to an amp!

in that kind of range, you can pretty much buy New and its only limited to what your taste is, so get out there and try every amp you can find!

i remember hearing there was a mesa rectifier that had reallll good cleans but i dont know which model

you can also *still* go used if you want, to save even more money.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
if you liked the valvetronix, try the vox ac30

i think itll do great for you, a 2 12 combo doesnt cost an arm and a leg either, and they take pedals very well
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
^x2!!

Definately check that amp out if you liked the vox tone.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
ok i pretty much decided on a vox cc 30 head what kinda cab should i get with this baby? WHat would produde the best sound with this type of head?>
vox makes a 2x12 cab that is voiced for that head.

I think O_O
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Meh better than nothing
i see , if i was to go bigger say a 4x12 cab whhich would you guys suggest..or would i need abigger head for that
You wouldn't need a bigger cab man, the 2x12 is loud enough for gigs. And if you happen to be named Joe Satriani and play at huge stadiums just mic the mother****er.

But if you must follow a trend and get a 4x12, you won't need a bigger head. I would suggest getting a vox cabinent though no matter what.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Meh better than nothing
the 4 12 is a closed back cab, the 2 12 is open i think. IMO, the 4 12 packs a tighter low end. If youre going ot just get a head and a 2 12, id suggest just getting the combo instead. Its easier to carry. Youll most likely not get a different cab with the vox head anyway, so youd probalby stick to the 2 12, so get the combo. I also heard that the combo has a different design that ultimately makes it sound different than the head/cab setup. The 2 12 combo is supposed to have a more space/airy feel to it that cant be emulated with the head. This may be for just the tone fanatics, but ive noticed that most artists that use vox amps tend to use the 2 12 combo. Anyway good on ya for choosing the ac30, its an amazing amp.

ooo, just to put it out there, has anyone used a different head with a vox cab??? im interested in putting an orange rocker 30 through one, but i havnt the chance to try, anybody?
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville