I've been playing bass for about 6 months now, and I need some songs or something new and fun I can play. I play a lot of Metallica, Slayer, Children of Bodom, Tool, and a few others. I'm sick of playing the same stuff. Any idea's? Anyone???

Have you try to play some avenged sevenfold stuff? Darkness sorrounding, Blinded in chains and the wicked end
Try some Guns n rose stuff too, welcome to the jungle, dont cry....

if u wanna play o ther stuff , try any red hot chili peppers song
but it also has a weird bass style( i think, i like it) its really hard at some point cuz he does a lot of riffs and ill be hard later to memorize them
my suggestion, Dio, try Holy Diver or Last in Line, Holy Diver is a little easier
PEDOBAITING:http://pedobaiting.proboards100.com
Quote by RM_Midnight
are you allowed to talk, aug. '06er?

Quote by Dancing Fool
I hope I don't get sigged.

Quote by _Mayday_
Raven, of course you know RM_MIDNIGHT.
He's the people's champ!

SNICKERS SONG
Maybe try something more out of your genre (I'm guessing thats metal) and go for some jazz type things. Fusion songs have great basslines.
I'd say....some...CKY!
96 quite bitter beings has a pretty cool line, that sounds about right for you.
escape from hellview is pretty cool, but has some weird tuning.
Duff's basslines from Appetite For Destruction are underrated IMO. Definately look into them, lots of cool fills and rythms. One of my fave pick players next to Eric Avery from Jane's Addiction (look at his stuff too BTW).

Also instead of playing more and more metal, how about looking into playing a genre completely different, like say... jazz?

Check out basslines from Blue Monk, The Blue Room, and try to learn some 12-bar blues walking basslines.

EDIT- Beat'ed on the jazz suggestion by mushroom, but still check out some jazz basslines, very good stuff. Hell brush up on your theory and try to improvise some! I find that my own basslines are infinetly more satisfying that trying to cop some other bassist's lines.
Once you get to the top, the only way to go is down.
Incubus do some pretty freaky basslines at time.

Check out Battlestar Scratchlactica, and Are You In.

You could also try a little Muse, Hysteria, or Time Is Running Out.

Anyway, hav efun.
Quote by Killibinizik
Duff's basslines from Appetite For Destruction are underrated IMO. Definately look into them, lots of cool fills and rythms. One of my fave pick players next to Eric Avery from Jane's Addiction (look at his stuff too BTW).

I second the call on Duff's lines...very good. Also, as everyone else said, explore different genres, it's the only way to become more versatile
Quote by Soma3009
An interesting Thread. IN BIZARRO WORLD! HAH.

Quote by FakePlsticTrees
and props, clapping and bows to you mantiscabinet.