Alright, here's the deal. I'm the frontman in my band, and whenever I use our keyboardist's mic to record into audacity I sound like a gay guy (no offence to and homosexuals here....) but I need to figure out how to make me sound normal, and no, that isn't the way I always sound, I normally sound like a normal dude.

Thanks for any help!

Edit: Like the mic only records my voice being high.... It's weird.... btw it's not an expensive mic, I would be suprised if it cost more than $15
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
Last edited by eckmann88 at Aug 22, 2006,
Quote by gwitersnamps
It might be an EQ problem. Run it through the low pass filter.

???

EDIT: Oh, and it even sounds higher when I talk into the mic, and I know I don't have a gay guy's voice
Quote by SynGates7X

Quote by Duane_Allman

Quote by SavageNights

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
I really don't think he has or knows what a lowpass filter is. It's probably a cheap radioshack mic, right? Or do you actually have some good recording gear?

You should get a condenser mic + a firewire recording interface that has phantom power. Hook that up to your comuter and get a sequencer like cakewalk sonar, or if you use mac/linux get ardour. Then you record into that from the mic -> interface -> sequencer. It should sound more normal. Plus you'll have loads of effects plugins, like lowpass filters for example.

EDIT: oh, and a lowpass is a filter that only lets lower frequencies pass, which would eliminate the high pitch sounds. Can you guess what a highpass filter does?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
I really don't think he has or knows what a lowpass filter is. It's probably a cheap radioshack mic, right? Or do you actually have some good recording gear?

You should get a condenser mic + a firewire recording interface that has phantom power. Hook that up to your comuter and get a sequencer like cakewalk sonar, or if you use mac/linux get ardour. Then you record into that from the mic -> interface -> sequencer. It should sound more normal. Plus you'll have loads of effects plugins, like lowpass filters for example.

EDIT: oh, and a lowpass is a filter that only lets lower frequencies pass, which would eliminate the high pitch sounds. Can you guess what a highpass filter does?

Thanks man I'll try that out!

EDIT: How much does one cost?
Quote by SynGates7X

Quote by Duane_Allman

Quote by SavageNights

Quote by DraketheFake

Help
Space
Quote by eckmann88
Thanks man I'll try that out!

EDIT: How much does one cost?

One of what? A condenser microphone? You can get a low-end one for about $100 I'd say. You want a large diaphragm condenser. Talk to someone at a music store about it. Say you want to record vocals on a condenser and don't want to spend a whole lot of money.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Yaeh man spend the money on a good mic like, a cheap enough condenser one is the mxl 2001(est. $100) It's a great vocal mic and a pretty good instrumental recorder. Get a pop filter tho. Also you need phantom power for it, I dont think it will work with Audacity
Now Is Not The Time To Cry....Now's The Time To Find Out Why!!!!