earlier today i was changing my guitar strings, because they needed it (i'm a novice at changing strings, by the way) and the B string broke when i was putting it on. So, i put a G string on instead. And i put the D string where the G string is. I would have just gone and bought more, but i'm not going to have a chance to before my lesson tomorrow.

So my question is, could this hurt my bridge? My guitar's a LP, btw.
Nope.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
yea it'll work
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late
The neck is under something like 90 pounds of pressure anyways so I seriously doubt it will make a difference. There is a metal rod inside the neck anyways. It will just be hard to bend and might go out of tune a lot.
it might wear down the gap in the nut that the string goes through and make it bigger...
I don't think so. But just to be safe I'd change the strings back to normal soon. Did you use an old string to make up for the one that broke?
Cookie for me?
the only bad thing would it making the cut in the nut deeper. but that normally takes some time. but change them asap anyways
No.. but what it will do is adjust the height of the action. You'll have to wind the G string tighter than you would with a B string, hence it will raise the action slightly. This shouldn't be an issue. If the result lowered the action a bit then you might have gotten some buzz.
that string must be wound soooo tight man...
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
dude i remember this one time, my uncle (while drunk i might add) tried to string nylon strings on my electric...ummm...wow.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
Quote by ihaveatail
I don't think so. But just to be safe I'd change the strings back to normal soon. Did you use an old string to make up for the one that broke?

No, they're all new.

I'll buy new ones today or tomorrow at the latest to replace them.
nope, my strings are all mixed because i try to bye strings as little as possible.
-gtrfrk
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
I don't recommend it, like some guy said before me it could wear down the gap in your nut - the last thing you want is a loose nut slot.
Originally posted by TMH88
Im not trying to brag or anything, but im pretty good for only having been playing a month. I play about 1-2 hours every day, about 35 days strait....

Yay for 35 day months!
could having them on for 1-2 days do any damage to my nut? (that sounds so funny..)
it won't break anything, but not a good thing to do either.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
It might sound like there's poo coming from your guitar during playing sessions.. but other than that.. it's ok.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
what i do is keep all the strings i take off my guitar, and just wrap them up and throw them in a plastic bag and put a peice of tape with the date i took them off, incase i do something like that whenever i change my strings (instead of cutting them off just unwind them and pull them all the way out.