I currently have a 70's Classic Strat, MIM and I'm thinking about saving up and getting an MIA Strat. I could trade my current guitar in and then I'd probably have to save like $700. I currently have 11's on my Strat, Nickel Rockers. Do you think I'd be able to have heavy gauge strings on my MIA Strat? Probably not right? And this is the one I want, Olympic White with Rosewood fretboard.

*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
if you got it setup with teh tremelo and stuff than sure you could, The guitar would just need to be suited to use the strings.
Also that is a sweet looking guitar, its not to flashy but its still sleak. I would go for maple fretboard though
I don't know, I like rosewood. I went to Guitar Center the other day and played a Highway One with a rosewood and it felt soooo nice. My current Strat has a rosewood fretboard but it's really rough and not flowing at all.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
I think this looks waaay better man and I dont even notice a big difference when I go from rosewood to maple
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
well, i dont think the highway1 is a big enough step up from a 70's classic.

its possible the 70's classic "U" neck shape isnt for u tho.
anyway, like said, u can set it up for 11s
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I went to Guitar Center today and I couldn't believe it, they had my guitar, Olympic White with rosewood fretboard. The thing played AMAZING. I can't wait till I have enough money to get it. I'll be ordering it brand new through my local shop though.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
oly white just looks good with a maple fretboard IMO.
"And you will never hear surf music again..."
Quote by big-red
oly white just looks good with a maple fretboard IMO.

pssht.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
that guitar looks amazing.. i think it would look better with a maple neck, but one of the vintage style maple necks that are more yellowish..

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.