.I saw the video of Dimebag about those squeals but he use a floyd rose, so i thought that only can be done with that kind of bridge. Then in some of the videos lessons of Kristofer Dahl he make those squeals with a standard tremolo. So i'm wondering how does he do that?. thanks in advance.
dip the whammy bar down on iether standard tremelo or floating tremelo and tap a harmonic(without picking) while pulling up the hwammy bar
Pinch Harmonics can be done on any guitar or trem. Floyds just increase the awesomeness.
looks like Dime is able to do an harmonic with any of the frets...like in cemetery gates when the distortion guitar kicks in, it sounds like harmonics. How can he play that?
Je parle français, excusez mon language inaproprié quand je m'exprime en anglais.

It's called a pinch harmonic. Learn it. I'm surprised so many people have no clue.
you realize they're called pinched harmonics right? all you do is put a tiny bit of the pick out, then kinda mute it with your thumb. you have to see a video of it... can't describe.
Quote by mikeman
Pinch Harmonics can be done on any guitar or trem. Floyds just increase the awesomeness.

They aren't pinch harmonics, they're natural harmonics.
search for pinch harmonics, thats what a majority of the squeals are, anc can be done on any fret, and as i just discovered today, open strings as well.. zakk wylde uses them in probably every BLS song, except acoutic songs.

the other squeals, that go up and down, like their being bent, are done with the whammy bar. its just a natural harmonic being raised and or lowered with the bar.
Jackson RR Professional, early 90's japanese model, with EMG's

Digitech GNX3000

Crate GX 212
The way dimebag darrel does it.

1. Get your finger under a string and somewhat flick and it is heard as an open note
2. Dive the tremolo bar, not too mcuh where the strings are ratteling on the fretboard but down enough where the guitar is almost inaudible
3. touch a natural harmonic and raise the tremolo up

Every single part of the string has a natural harmonic, some of them aren't as loud as others. If you want proof, play the G string on a bass with your finger barely on each string going up and down the neck, you will hear some that are more like chimes and some that have a full sound as though its actually fretted. The hightest pitched one that is clearly audible is anywhere from 1 2/3- 3 1/2 frets

The technique is soo simple, that after watching a vid, you can go to a guitar store, try out a floating trem guitar, dive it and bring it back up squeeling your first try.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Thanks guys i will try that! . Just hope my guitar can stay in tune after the dive...
Quote by wylde_overdrive
They aren't pinch harmonics, they're natural harmonics.

Not necessarily.

harmonics in general (whether pinch, natural, artificail, ect) are awesome. they own you.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
Some people call them "Pinch Harmonics", Some call them "Artificial Harmonics"...& I've even heard a few call it "Flat-Picking"...

It takes a REALLY, REALLY Long time to be able to do it correctly, I've been working on it for years & It's still a little scetchy for me...

Find the Harmonic over the Pickup(s)
Use a Guitar Pick
Mess around with ways to hold the pick so that you Brush the Fleshy part of your thumb over the string that you're trying to get to "Squeal"
...& Finally, Don't be stingy with the distortion...the more the better...
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Quote by mikeman
It's called a pinch harmonic. Learn it. I'm surprised so many people have no clue.

yeah there are like 19230810231 threads everyday where people ask how to squeal, or do a pinch harmonic.

use the search button
Quote by mikeman

agreed. One of the first things I learnt funny enough, it was silly but it is one of the best technq there is
Quote by Mazz-
Some people call them "Pinch Harmonics", Some call them "Artificial Harmonics"...& I've even heard a few call it "Flat-Picking"...

It takes a REALLY, REALLY Long time to be able to do it correctly, I've been working on it for years & It's still a little scetchy for me...

Find the Harmonic over the Pickup(s)
Use a Guitar Pick
Mess around with ways to hold the pick so that you Brush the Fleshy part of your thumb over the string that you're trying to get to "Squeal"
...& Finally, Don't be stingy with the distortion...the more the better...

ummm.... theres a difference between a pinch harmonic and an artificial harmonic. Look it up