i am starting a new guitar project and i plan to paint it with the Red, White, and Black EVH stripes, heres a estimation of what it will look like

please if you have previously done this or something similar, give me some tips or a walkthrough of how this can be done
Epi Les Paul w EMG 81/85
Westone Dimension IV
Crate XT120R

your metallica covers receive iron_maiden97's official "Good Cover Seal"

SAY WHO GIVES A F**K!!!
So. Tired. Of. EVH paint jobes... Seriously...
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Im. Tired. Of. People like you... Seriously...
Epi Les Paul w EMG 81/85
Westone Dimension IV
Crate XT120R

SAY WHO GIVES A F**K!!!
yah this is pretty bad coming from a guy with EVH in his name... try something more origional
Paint the color of one of the stripes first. When it's dry, mask the stripes with an automotive paintshop grade of masking tape in the width you want. Now spray the second color of stripe and let it dry now mask those stripes. Now spray the main color. Add several coats of clear and let dry thoroughly. Then buff to a high gloss.
I went with three. I'm not say that's the magic number, but it did work for me. Post a pic when it's done. I'd love to see it. By the way make sure to take everything slow. Make sure that the paint is dry before moving to the next step. My paint job took about a month. Another tip: cut a small piece of wood to fit the neck pocket. Attach it to the body. This will serve as a handle for moving and hanging the body to spray and dry.
use the blue masking tape it works better... and for the thin lines use electrical tape. it does wonders. i did a 2 tone project on my strat and it worked great. after your done the guitars not gonna be all flat since theres different layers bulging. i used a thick coat of clear gloss and it smoothed it out
Washburn X50
Peavey Triple XXX
BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer
MXR M-134 Smart Gate
Furman M8
B-52 LG412
heres some pics for ya, i decided to go with black, silver, and red instead of the traditonal EVH colors so here

after i sanded the body,

after applying the final coat of red

the Headstock, convincing huh?

Epi Les Paul w EMG 81/85
Westone Dimension IV
Crate XT120R

SAY WHO GIVES A F**K!!!
heres the finished product without the electronics

Epi Les Paul w EMG 81/85
Westone Dimension IV
Crate XT120R

SAY WHO GIVES A F**K!!!
Not bad... Nice twist on the original, but I'm more impartial to the black stripes on a white body....
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.
soooooooooooooooo overdone
Quote by Danno13

Go cut your wrists or whatever it is you emo kids do for fun, I'm not helping you.

member of UG's gain \/\/hores- pmgpderek09 to join
here it is, all done!

Epi Les Paul w EMG 81/85
Westone Dimension IV
Crate XT120R

SAY WHO GIVES A F**K!!!
I like it. At least the finish doesn't scream "EVH!!". It's too subtle for that.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I think it would look better of there were the thinner stripes aswell but otherwise good job!