i bought a les paul body on ebay!!! $60!!!(canadian)

sorry... not a real point to this... othe than the fact that im very happy about the steal of a price suckers!
any suggestions on what exactly what i should do with this project?
naw... the guy i bought it from has been selling guitar parts for 9 years on there... he says he buys bulk quantities from companies... (like gibson) for a cheap price becuase of overstock or minor blemish or whatever heres a pic

http://cgi.ebay.ca/BODY-Sundance-LP-VINTAGE-Style-NEW-Bound-Chambered_W0QQitemZ130017437057QQihZ003QQcategoryZ41406QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and its solid mahogany with maple top! no cheap stuff here
yeah but its made by a company called sundance....CHEAP!!!..i smell a dip****
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
u dumbass thats the name of the finish... and its the exact same material and spex as a gibson :P who's the dip ****?
Quote by sk8erguy171
u dumbass thats the name of the finish... and its the exact same material and spex as a gibson :P who's the dip ****?

hahhahaha i thaught that at first 2, read more carefully, and u r right same matterail and specs asa gibson, but still isn't gibson

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
Quote by sk8erguy171

And how many Gibson Les Pauls have bolt-on necks?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Damn i was gonna say that, that is pretty cheap for a body tho , i saw a guitar body like that for £40 on axesrus but i suppose ur canadian dollars are worthless.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
You can clearly see that the top is made out of plywood, and looking at the control cavity it seems the body may be plywood too.

You get what you pay for.
wow............ no where on that site does it say, "Gibson LP Body" nor even "Epiphone LP Body".... It says, "Sundance LP VINTAGE Style"

+ The fact that most Gibson LP's do not have bolt ons.

You Lose.
I bought a body from this guy before. They are really nice bodies. Quality made.

I got mine for around $60, too.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Member #9 of the Samnung Has Crabs Club , PM Powerhouse to join

Custom Build
its a semi hollow bolt on lespaul style body? jesus christ, i can't imagine anything less lespaulish.
whats that i smell me getting backed up on the fact that i am not the dip**** on this one

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
LP's don't normally have bolt on necks, I think. But that's good that it is bolt on, get a Strat neck and see if it fits correctly. Buy some hardware for it, etc (Unless you payed the $23.00 for the [ickguard, etc, with it), and fit it in, and you have a nice practice guitar.
Wood grain looks like low quality plywood...looks to me like it's pretty crap.

60 dollars is cheap for a LP body...
But this isn't an LP body. 60 bucks is a rather normal price for piece of crap like this.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Wood grain looks like low quality plywood...looks to me like it's pretty crap.

60 dollars is cheap for a LP body...
But this isn't an LP body. 60 bucks is a rather normal price for piece of crap like this.

Pwned, by a mod.

Oh and my fake les paul body is made of plywood too and so I know what it looks like.
word lol

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
magic dragon thats who was selling the body ,usually has the matching neck on auction as well
just a thought though, aren't alot of bodies made out of plywood? plywood simply means there are more than one pieces of wood laid on top of each other, right? You could have maple plywood
Quote by JahJahwarrior
just a thought though, aren't alot of bodies made out of plywood? plywood simply means there are more than one pieces of wood laid on top of each other, right? You could have maple plywood

no i dont think so... oh well... i got a good one im happy
PS.. nice screen name POD rocks
Once again, a poor sucker gets ripped off by Ebay. When I first saw the body, I thought you got a bargain. When I saw it was plywood, I got all sympathetic
You're best chance is to install active pickups, the ****ty wood won't affect the tone as much...
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
or he could burn it, ****ing metal man......sorry had a flash back

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
Quote by eddiehimself
Damn i was gonna say that, that is pretty cheap for a body tho , i saw a guitar body like that for £40 on axesrus but i suppose ur canadian dollars are worthless.
**** off.
Quote by JahJahwarrior

no thats a biscuit
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
Quote by JahJahwarrior

Although that's probably correct, maple plywood wouldn't be good for a guitar. Tone is all about the density of woods, aye? At least I think it is. Well, anyway, with plywood, it's not one solid piece of wood, so the sound or vibrations or whatever can't run or flow through the wood and grain? I dunno.. I'm just guessing here..?

Ply in any material is really weird stuff. Like if you get 5 window panes and stick them together, they're stronger than one that is as thick as the 5 together? I forget...?

Fark. Do you ever eat something that's so hot that it burns the whole inside of your mouth? Guh, I just had fish, and I swear I can't feel the inside of my mouth. I burnt it real bad... Jeez, it's all numb...

ARrrrrghhhhhhHHHHHHhh. I just had a sip of rum. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURNING~!!
Quote by NoneMoreBlack
**** off.

I'm not dissing, it's true.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."