8 26%
Both, I'm the whole package
14 45%
I suck at both
5 16%
Voters: 31.
lead i guess but i enjoy playing rythym
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
i really dislike rythm, lead is cool, but im not good at it, i need to learn to improv and solo over stuff
i play lead guitar. I love to shred, and play eruption and bark at the moon and black star n stuff.
Gibson SG (Cherry)
Gibson Double Neck SG (Cherry)

Musicman AMP

*Building my own guitar now*
I can play rhythm, with or without singing. Plus I can play lead fairly well. So I guess I'm "the whole package" as you say...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

rythm is fun only if ur a guitar noob.
Gibson SG (Cherry)

Musicman AMP

^Not if you sing at the same time.
- FJ

If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by steve06x
rythm is fun only if ur a guitar noob.

Ya i enjoy playing rhythm but im also lead singer so it is a nice challenge playign rhythm and singing at the same time
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
^lmao not really. the only songs i can think of that has only a rythm that you can sing to that sounds good is paranoid, or highway star. well no scratch highway star theres a solo in there.
Gibson SG (Cherry)

Musicman AMP

i can play both lead and rythm pretty well; im a lot better at rythm but i think lead is more fun.. o well, i just gotta keep practicing kuz u gotta be able to play both if u want to get good

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by steve06x
^lmao not really. the only songs i can think of that has only a rythm that you can sing to that sounds good is paranoid, or highway star. well no scratch highway star theres a solo in there.

Are you sure you're not the n00b here?

You can sing and play any song you put your mind to man. It might just take different levels of practice to get to that point.
- FJ

In my band I am the "Rhythm Guitarist", but I guess thats just because the other guitarist is amazing and can solo realy good. Lately I have been playing lead in covers when we practice and even some of the originals. I sortof just go for the solo and its fun. I used to never solo and the other guitarist would be like... "Come on! Solo" and im like "No, I suck at that". But now I just take the solo! haha fun.
The title lead is actually something alot of people misinterpret that title, lead plays the same thing as rythmn does until you do your solo. Alot of people misinterpret Lead as being the guy whole plays a billion lightning fast notes through a song. Lead needs to also know the progession that rythmn plays so that he can name the key- just some theory- to base his solo on. Even Yngwie malmsteen's songs that do have lyrics, he plays rythmn parts until his solo. If you don't know theory, you can't be lead, you can't do the exact thing Rythmn does you cant be lead.
I can play both, but I shine with rhythm. Technically, I'm the whole package.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I play both parts since I'm the only guitar player in my band (we're a trio - I also sing).