No, its not what you think it is.

Does this really help the strings from sticking in the nut and what not? Because the slots in the nut of my crap guitar are bigger than the strings so thats not why they get stuck, and I heard using some product called nut sauce would help.
rubbing a pencil in the cuts works too, probably the sauce works better, but, in general if the cuts are too small, then u should either go thinner on the strings, or u should widen the cuts, using a toothpick wrapped in sandpaper. just follow the cut line UPWARD slant direction from headstock up to board side. like this... /
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by donkeypunch
i just let my nut sauce in a sock

good job
Gibson SG (Cherry)
Gibson Double Neck SG (Cherry)

Musicman AMP

*Building my own guitar now*
Quote by jj1565
rubbing a pencil in the cuts works too, probably the sauce works better, but, in general if the cuts are too small, then u should either go thinner on the strings, or u should widen the cuts, using a toothpick wrapped in sandpaper. just follow the cut line UPWARD slant direction from headstock up to board side. like this... /

or you could buy a nut filer and get it done to suit the strings but the bad side is if you go back to a lower gauge then your action at the nut is affected. personally i would just stick with the graphite in the nut