Can i get an SRV and/or Hendrix type tone out of a Clapton strat(the 1400 dollar one) Im not looking for the exact tone. Just something close. I have a Fender HotrodDecille 410 and a Boss DS1. What do you think?

Thanks in advanced
I bet you can. Just use heavy gauge strings like SRV. Otherwise the strat is pretty much the same, I believe the clapton signature has noise canceling pickups, but it shouldn't make a huge difference at all.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Buy a regular strat for $900 and use the other $500 to buy accessories to get your tone. Sig guitars are usually trash, *coughAngusYoungSGcough*, goddamn cold

Here's how i see it. SRV played a strat. Fender makes a SRV sig strat. The sig strat is made the exact same as SRVs strat, only $1000 more. Why pay $2000 for a $900-$1000 guitar? Stevie's strat wasn't made of some super wood that made it great, it was his hands that made him play.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Not really; I've tried. Like someone said above me, it was Stevie's hands that made him great.
Quote by Stop Messin'
Buy a regular strat for $900 and use the other $500 to buy accessories to get your tone. Sig guitars are usually trash, *coughAngusYoungSGcough*, goddamn cold

Here's how i see it. SRV played a strat. Fender makes a SRV sig strat. The sig strat is made the exact same as SRVs strat, only $1000 more. Why pay $2000 for a $900-$1000 guitar? Stevie's strat wasn't made of some super wood that made it great, it was his hands that made him play.

no
fender wouldnt fork over the money for brizillian rosewood like SRV's had so they use that pai ferro or whatever
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
if you want the srv tone

get a MIA strat (or MIM or whatever)

add texas specials

heavey strings

a fender style tube amp

and a tube screamer

and ur as close as ur gettin buddy
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

The sig series are not that expensive and cost more for a few reasons. One, the fact that it is a signature, two it is made to exact specs, and three it could be better if not most certainly better then the regular guitars.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by noah22791
I bet you can. Just use heavy gauge strings like SRV. Otherwise the strat is pretty much the same, I believe the clapton signature has noise canceling pickups, but it shouldn't make a huge difference at all.

You don't need a heavy guage to sound like SRV..

My friend has that guitar, I've played it and thought "wow this sounds like hendrix"
The Eric Clapton signature guitar can give you any strat players tone and more. It has a middle boost that makes it sound more like a humbucker so it's actually a lot more versatile than any other Fender strat on the marked today. It's a really good guitar.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?