does anyone have any experiance with a fender hot rod deluxe and if you have what did you think of it
It's loud. I love the cleans, and with my Les Paul I was able to get a nice overdrive out of it. Not the best, but good. I'm looking into possibly a tube change or speaker change to see if I can clear up the muddyness of the overdrive.
Just put a 808 Tubescreamer in front of it, and it'll produce warm O/D.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Try one for yourself.

I've played lots, all have great cleans, are loud, and have crappy overdrive channels, but the clean sounds great with an overdrive in front.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by gibsonsg63
does anyone have any experiance with a fender hot rod deluxe and if you have what did you think of it

I love it. If you want a heavier sound throw a DS-1 infront of it.
Quote by llanafreak44
it was pretty loud. It has nice cleans VERY nice but weak overdrive

Hmmm, that depends on what you need. For a blues/lighter rock OD, than Id say its perfect. If you want a metal hardcore crazyass distortion, dont bother. Get a highend solid state and itll sound the same, and youll save yourself the extra money. For everything in between, Id go with what thebrewfan said, the DS-1 works wonders.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Quote by HeartInACage
Hmmm, that depends on what you need. For a blues/lighter rock OD, than Id say its perfect. If you want a metal hardcore crazyass distortion, dont bother. Get a highend solid state and itll sound the same, and youll save yourself the extra money. For everything in between, Id go with what thebrewfan said, the DS-1 works wonders.

Or you could still get it and get a higher gain pedal like the MT-2 and use that with it. And a high end solid state won't save you money, its high end so it costs the same or more.