Ok, this may not be the right forum for this, but oh well...

What exactly does the term "post-grunge" mean? I've heard it used a couple times, and it obviously refers to music made after the grunge period or whatever, but what does it mean stylistically?

Cheers...
It's not really a term that anyone who likes grunge generally uses. If I'm not mistaken it's a term that groups bands like Bush, Candlebox, Shinedown etc.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

hmmm...ok...I'm not familiar with those bands...sry

but what does it mean as far as a band's style? Like would a "post-grunge" band have a certain type of sound? For example, the other day, I read something that referred to the band Cake as post-grunge, and that kind of confused me...

and btw, I'm not really a grunge fan, I was just curious about that particular term...
Post-Grunge would just be a grunge band that formed after the period that also takes influences from after that period which wasn't available to the original artists. It's just a different slant on Grunge with the artists own interpretation of the genre.

Someone once classed the Foo Fighters as post-grunge.
Quote by Sir Edwin CBE
Post-Grunge would just be a grunge band that formed after the period that also takes influences from after that period which wasn't available to the original artists. It's just a different slant on Grunge with the artists own interpretation of the genre.

Yeah that's kinda what it is. Grunge, but not from the Grunge-period. Bands like Seether are sometimes reffered to as Post-Grunge.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
Creed are post-grunge.

I think Breaking Benjamin are post-grunge too.

I think wiki said something about it being like grunge, but more upbeat. When grunge died out it got replaced by pop-punk (Green Day, The Offspring), so the next wave of bands incorporated the more upbeat chords and rhythms but kept the grunge vocal style.

I think. Wiki it to be sure.
www.myspace.com/stcircusthemighty

Check it out. If you like what you hear, friend me.

Quote by Rikifield
Nice acoustic man! And your voice is melting with the acoustic sound...