So I'm currently deciding whether or not to sell my JCM800. I'd keep the 1960 cab, because I love it.

I'm currently looking into a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier. I heard one of those ran through 3 marshall cabs and it 's probably one of the greatest sounds I have ever heard...(well he had all this rackmount crap too, so..)

Basically, my question is to those of you who own a Triple Rect. How happy are you with it? Does it withstand the pressure of being gigged with on a weekly basis, and does it achieve all the tones you want it to?
~The Gear~
Schecter Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 550
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960 4x12
VHT Two/Fifty/Two
ADA-MP1
Eventide Eclipse
150W is a little overboard don't ya think?
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
i have one, i also own an jcm 800 2210, i love both but i never run my triple through a 60a, it adds to much midrange which is what i bought a triple to get away from, but honestly i think the jcm800 is a way more solid amp, very versitle
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Coincedently i want to get a Dual or Triple Rectifier instead of my JCM 800 as well. I have tried a Dual Rect through a Marshall 1960A and it sounded awesome IMO
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
i have owned both the one main difference is the triple has a nicer clean the duals clean isnt very good but its not horrible either, the triples distortion is a tad tighter but really i just got one because i do alot of leads and the extra volume was a nice feature
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
See thats what I liked about the Triple is that nice lead sound.

And to whoever said don't run the triple through a 1960...thats the sound I liked though...so I prefer it.

And 150 watts is fine...I gig with it in large places so it meets those needs, and for home use I just use my fender....
~The Gear~
Schecter Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 550
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960 4x12
VHT Two/Fifty/Two
ADA-MP1
Eventide Eclipse
i think it was me who said i dont run mine through a 60a, i never said dont do it, its just preferance i bought mesa cabs to get rid of the high mids produced by the marshall cab, at that time i was trying to get as much of a scooped tone as possible
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
The Triple is awesome. But so is the 800. Depends on what sound you want more since theyre a world apart as far as tone goes. 150watts isnt too much. Youre never going to be able to push a Dual either (without a loss of sperm, hair, and hearing) so might as well get the Triple if you have the cash. I love mine to death...its a very insane beast thats for sure. But I also love my JCM900, thank God I got to keep that thing!