Ok so this is pretty simple. If you think you've got the best Eric Clapton style playing post your cover and lets see. It doesnt have to be after Clapton went solo, it can be from his days with the Yardbirds, Derek And The Dominoes, Cream, or solo. But either way it has to be a Clapton song. People can post different versions of the same song. Only rule is to post the song clip and what song it is. It has to be the whole song, solo included, no fragmented pieces of a song. So have fun and rock on.
What about clapton with the bluesbreakers?

I have a recording of all your love (claptons version) - the only problem is that the end of the song was cut off, we had problems with the recorder that night
Last edited by shorter_rocker at Aug 23, 2006,
Thats fine. I know I left out some of his other works, but yall got the point. As long as Clapton played on the song, then its ok. It just has to be Clapton.
When do we have till? Im leanring Wonderful Tonight ATM so if I have enough time Ill use that. If not I might throw down sunshine of your love or something. Dont count me in just yet though.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Im not going to set a real specific deadline. Just as soon as you get a good one post it. I still havent had time to record yet, so it wouldnt be fair of me to post mine and then be the only post so I can automatically be the winner...lol.
Ok well Im not 100% sure Ill participate but I might if I get a good recording down.
-John Lennon
Quote by Coipu
I'll have a go at this

Wonderful Tonight

Thnx

Your an absolute bitch yknow that! Because now I have to go learn this song so I can clash musical swords with you.

Of course mine will probably be just guitar unfourtanatly

EDIT: and after listening to your wonderful tonight Ive decided if I do it ill prolly lose but what the hell
-John Lennon
Last edited by Punk Rocker at Aug 24, 2006,
I'll give it a go!

Here's my recording of Clapton's "River of Tears". This is the version from "Pilgrim".

I play all the guitars and do the vocal.

Guitar: 2004 AmDlx Strat
Bass: 1982 Peavey T20
Drums: Sequenced Acoustic Samples

River of Tears
14 Martin 000-17sm
12 Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
12 Gibson Golden Age 1930's SJ200
10 Gretsch G5122DC
09 Taylor GA3-12e 12 string
15 Taylor 814ce
04 Fender AmDlx Strat
03 Godin Multiac Classical
81 Ric 320JG
68 Yamaha FG150 Red Label
Soundclick
^ That was very good! Well done.

Also, you have the same acoustic as me - Yahama FG-150. I love it.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Thanks alot!

Yeah, I like my old Yammie FG150 (1968). It is a great old beater!

Is this contest still on? It has been six months...
14 Martin 000-17sm
12 Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
12 Gibson Golden Age 1930's SJ200
10 Gretsch G5122DC
09 Taylor GA3-12e 12 string
15 Taylor 814ce
04 Fender AmDlx Strat
03 Godin Multiac Classical
81 Ric 320JG
68 Yamaha FG150 Red Label
Soundclick