Well i saw the Ashdown head in my newest musiciansfriend catalog. It's Only like $650 i believe and It's all tube. I've only herd great things about Ashdown amps. I was wondering how good of an amp it was for hard rock and heavier stuff. What are the cleans like? And how are the built in effects? Would this be a good choice as an amp i would keep for a few years or would i be better trying to get liek a used JCM900 head? Also whats with the Six power tubes? why so many?? thanks
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
wow. Seems no one knows.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
Quote by bshizzle911
wow. Seems no one knows.

I don't knwo anyone on here that owns one... I was hoping to get one but Engl have caught my attention...
they're alright but not amazing or anything...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
needs the six power tubes to get the volume, thats all. don't know much about ashdown, but the practice amps are ok, in the ways that a marshall mg is ok, if you see what i mean.

Try playing one somewhere, if you can.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
For the price its an awesome amp. As Dave said dont expect miracles from it.

Cleans are great. The distortion is pretty thick and heavy. Really good nu-metal amp. The built in FX are pretty alright, but not uber amazing.

It gets hella loud too. I have it hooked up to two cabs at work and it really cranks!
Hey cool man, How do you like your JCM 900? im interested in that too. a used one of course. but yeah.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95

Quote by szekelymihai