This is probably the most personal thing I have ever written, so if it sucks, be gentle in your criticism.

Just Forget Me

Verse1:
Sometimes I?m looking up / sometimes I?m looking down
Loneliness is defined as no one being around
What if I got up and left without saying goodbye?
Would my friends miss me much and wish me to come home?

Chorus1:
Am I your friend, or am I your quick fix?
I?m only needed when it?s convenient
Is it that I?m different, that I?m not like you?
Maybe that?s it: no one cares enough

Verse2:
I don?t think you know me well nor want to at all
To you I?m only a distraction in the way
It seems you only think of me when I?m right close by
When I?m away it?s just the same as I never came

Chorus2:
I hope that my surmise is not the right one
Please protest soundly: prove that I?m dead wrong
Small doubt in my mind this fell on deaf ears
To turn this around 180, oh what I wouldn?t trade

Outro:
My life?s a book that no one wants to read
A chronicle of my hopes and my dreams
I bound it up; I?m taking it along with the key
But you won?t care, ?cause in a week you?ll forget all about me?
Your song isn't terrible, but it could use some work. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but this was written without any melody to go along to, I'd assume? It's OK. Being so, they seem quite generic and cliched. However, don't scrap these lyrics as trash. They're not garbage. If you someday come up with some melody, but are lost as far as lyrics go, these can be a lifesaver. I think I speak for most people when I say that I don't want to hear another song like the one you wrote, with the topic you wrote about, unless it is really good. In it's current state, you and me agree, it pretty much sucks. Write some cool melody, throw in these lyrics, clean them up a bit so the rhythm works, and you just might have yourself one hell of a song. Don't be discouraged. Honestly.
?You can't always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream.? - Frank Zappa 1940 - 1993