I've heard that some people have done this before (I did a little while ago) If you don't know what I'm talking about, check this picture.

Does anyone else do this? And does it make the sustain better? I have heard that from some people...
I don't know but really is learning to bend properly that hard?
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Properly? I can bend fine, thanks, but having it be easier is a bad thing? I never said I couldn't bend, I said it supposedly makes it easier, along with helping the strings not break.
I've seen it done before, but, I never was told a reason. I don't see whay it would make bending any easier. I could be wrong. Seems easy enough to do. Try it if you'd like and let me know if it helps.
I don' t think it'll help you bend and I think it prolly doesn't help sustain...
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
I used to do it, only because i heard Zakk Wylde did and wanted to try it. Didn't really feel a difference though, so...
It doesn't make for easier bending. I've been doing it for ages. It just makes your strings last longer / be less prone to snap from intense bends. It also gives bends more sustain.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
I do that. I don't think it makes anything easier, but if anything strings are more likely to break because they are bent against the edge of the stop bar. It could add sustain, but I haven't really noticed. My friend told me Duane did it, so I figured that if it works for him it should work for me.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by God Am
It doesn't make for easier bending. I've been doing it for ages. It just makes your strings last longer / be less prone to snap from intense bends. It also gives bends more sustain.

Yah, thats along the lines of what I was told, but it seems to sound better this way.
It gives better sustain, longer string life and better pinch harmonics.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
I just did it last time I changed strings, it will decrease tension a little bit because it greatly lessons the angle at the from the bridge to the tailpiece, but I seem to find that my strings slide out of their saddles sometimes, and that I did have to raise my action a little bit. I didn't notice a huge increase in sustain either.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
yeah i tried it too cos i heard it increased sustain. i didn't notice a difference in sound at all but it looks cool cos you dont have the ugly string windy bits showing. if that makes any sense...
Blackstar HT 5
George Dennis Spitfire 2x10
LTD GL 200M
Agile Ghost III
Warmoth SSS Tele with Floyd Rose
Ibanez Artcore AM73
I <3 Arcade Fire, Rainbow, Dungen, Muse, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, Kate Bush etc.
ROCK OPERA!!
UG Rock Opera tracks
I did this to my gibson V..
it didn't make bends noticably easier...
but it gave a little bit of tone and sustain boost
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join