Ok about a month ago I was in the market for a guitar that would keep me satified for a while so I purchased a Epi G400 Custom because I liked the feel of it and it sounded pretty good through the tube amp I was playing it through. Now about a month later I have assesed the defects of it and im ready to make some upgrades on it. First off, the bridge has to go, it rattles and the sustain is ok but I want more. Im thinking of buying the Tonepros locking TOM seen here.
Does anyone have any complaint about this piece or is it good? I would also like to upgrade the bridge P-up since I dont really use the middle and the neck sounds pretty good already. After playing a LP Standard equiped with burst bucker pros (Seenhere ) I really liked the sound, but im not sure how these would sound in such a lighter guitar as an SG. What opinions do you guys have on these and are there better P-ups out there built for Classic Rock/blues (Hendrix/ACDC/Ramones/The Who) and Punk (Agent Orange/Stooges) that fit a SG body design? BTW I have a Roland Blues Cube 60 amp just in case you need to know. Thank you
Official Mascot of The Fender Armada!
Two Four Six Eight, Who Do We Appreciate? Yay Fender Woooo!!

Epiphone G-400 Custom - Fitted with a Original Bigsby B5
Fender 65 Twin Reverb
Fulltone OCD
Vox V847 Wah
Rotovibe
Boss Flanger
MXR Phase 90
Not sure about the bridge...it won't improve the sustain too much cos sustain comes from mass. A les paul sustains for hours cos it's body is as thick as two short planks (in every sense of the word). An SG has a thin body, so it won't ring out as long...

As for pickups, I'd recommend the Duncan Screamin' Demon, I think it's called. You need something that has a "PAF on steriods" sort of tone, so it's got the classic tone, with more power for punk and heavier stuff.

ALSO: check out the DiMarzio Norton.
Sweet, thanks man. The reason for replacing the bridge is not so much a sustain problem its the fact that the one thats on it rattles alot and kinda sucks.
Official Mascot of The Fender Armada!
Two Four Six Eight, Who Do We Appreciate? Yay Fender Woooo!!

Epiphone G-400 Custom - Fitted with a Original Bigsby B5
Fender 65 Twin Reverb
Fulltone OCD
Vox V847 Wah
Rotovibe
Boss Flanger
MXR Phase 90