So I've been using this pattern in my sweep practising and I have an inquiry about it:

e|----------13---17p13--------------------|
B|------15--------------15----------------|
G|--14----------------------14------------|
D|----------------------------------------|
A|----------------------------------------|
E|----------------------------------------|

When doing the down-sweeping after the pulloff there, when I get back to the 14 (it shouldnt really be there because it's just repeated, so the 14 on the G is only techniclaly played once in the pattern), should I continue upstroking and upstroke the 14 when I get back to it? Or do I end the upstroking at the 15 and start the new downpick when I get to the 14?

Confusing? nah...
try both and see which is easier for you or which is faster
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
yeah, its all about preference. i prefer an upstroke on the 14 and down on the 15.
I would continue upstroking, because switching to a downstroke seems like wasted effort.

You're upstroking the 17 and 15 when you descend, and after the 14 you need to get back to the 15, so it makes more sense to upstroke the 14 and downstroke the next ascending 15.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
exactly, i find myself starting the downstroke on the last string, but either way is fine
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Yes but the problem I find with doing the 14 with an upstroke, is that I tend to want to hit the 14 again when I begin downstroking : /
same here, you just have to get used to it and train yourself to skip that string on the down-sweep...if i end it with an upstroke, i try to start moving my hand down the minute the note sounds so that i don't fumble through the switch if i attempt to change direction any later
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.