I have an Epiphone g-400 and love the feel of it but not too much on the sound (have the money for a gibson but hate the feel of the new ones), and I was wondering would a gibson p-90 pickup in the bridge position and a 57' classic in the neck position sound good? Also how much would it cost? By the way I do not use both pickups at the same time EVER! just the bridge for classic rock style and neck for blues. Also is it possible to get a tailpiece bridge thingy for my epiphone g-400 like the gibson custom models? How much does it cost if its available and can i put it on myself? Sorry for all the questions, i just dont know much about this kind of thing yet.
Vibrato tail pieces arent any good on SG models...make it go all outta tune... and I think you should go with a pair of 57's...probably bout 400 bucks for both
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top w/ Seymour Duncans
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top w/ Dimarzios
Peavey Windsor Halfstack
MXR Distortion III
Dunlop Jazz 3 picks (Red)
DR Tite-fit 10's
Monster Cables
I agree. Get a matching set of pups. For a p-90 in the bridge you'd need to deal with a gap between the pickup and the edge of the routed pickup hole, which in my opinion would look really half-assed. A nice humbucker should do just fine in the bridge.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i really like the soud of the p-90 in the bridge position though, and hate the sound of them in the neck, same thing goes for the classic but in reverse. Is there some way to have a p-90 in a different casing or something that makes it look like an average humbucker? Also if i do put the p-90 in do i have to change the wiring at all or does it act like a basic humbucker?
^A p-94 would be a humbucker-sized p-90. I don't know how close it would sound toa regular p-90 though.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I think a Seymour Duncan Phat Cat is beter than a Gibson P-94. Personally.

But they both sound different than an actual P-90. Definitely. Not necessarily bad, just different.
And a P-90's wiring is a bit different, I believe, but I think it works the same way as a 2 Conductor humbucker.