Can anyone give me some help? I have all the cords but man, I am lost as to what goes where.....

Ill post a pic tomorrow of everythign I have.
Dude EMGs are best left to the pros. Especially if you have any uncertanty in yourself. if theyre active, and they most likely are, often times youll need to route a whole in the guitar for the battery pack and extra wiring. Then you gotta replace the pots and blah blah...its a mess man. Youre better off taking it in...and heck get your guitar all nice and set up while youre at it...cuz hey! free polish job!
Threadstarter, aren't you the dude who did a cool paintjob on some guitar the other day?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
the 81 and 85 are definitely active Kurdt. Also with most guitars, unless they are super skinny, you can fit the battery in the control cavity easily. IMO, it's actually easier to install EMG, there are less wires than regular pickups, and it's very straightforward. I actually have 2 batteries in my RG1570, RG320, and my Schecter C-1 FR, all in the control cavities. They give you all the parts included that you have to replace, like pots and wires.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
It's not hard, just take it slowly and replace it bit by bit. Don't bring it into a shop, it's really not necessary, and they charge alot.
And I'm moving this to the GB+C, as people there can help you better.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by Erock503
the 81 and 85 are definitely active Kurdt. Also with most guitars, unless they are super skinny, you can fit the battery in the control cavity easily. IMO, it's actually easier to install EMG, there are less wires than regular pickups, and it's very straightforward. I actually have 2 batteries in my RG1570, RG320, and my Schecter C-1 FR, all in the control cavities. They give you all the parts included that you have to replace, like pots and wires.

I didnt see the intitiall title of "81/85" lol Almost every guitar thats brought to me at work has to be routed out for some reason. We have a guy that comes in and works with me on the 'complicated' stuff and all which is really fun/cool. Getting paid to do that kinda ROCKS. Anyways, i dont know why i find installing those kinds of pickups as complex. I guess I try to do it all at once or something. Next time Ill take it step by step and get back to yall! lol
yeah, I see your point too though, not a bad idea to have it done professionally if you can afford it, and you aren't comfortable soldering and whatnot. I've been lucky so far, and only burned my fingers, not the guitar, lol.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Yea Im the painter, I am trying to put together the bc rich beast that I bought bit by bit.

heres the picture of everything i have. There is a lot of stuff here and I am lost. Looks like there is some soldering required but I have no idea where to solder it to.

Does the 81 go at the bridge or the 85? Does it matter?

Damnit, my GF took the camera. Gonna have to wait til she gets home.

I dont get it, there is 9 knobs....????
there is 9 knobs on your guitar? that's not right.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Yes, ther is 9 knobs with the EMGs I bought. MAybe replacements in there too? That EMG manual for them sucks bigtime.
Yeah I just recently installed the 81/85 set in my jackson, and with no prior experience I put them in and they sound great. Granted, it took me six hours, but hey at least it didn't cost anything! You can do it if you just take your time.
jackson slsmg soloist
line 6 pod xt live
crate powerblock
2 marshall 4x12's
it's really easy guys, they way i always install emg's is do all the soldering i can outisde of the guitar, so wire up teh pots, the battery pack and everythingn, then put it in the cavity and solder the pickups to their respective positions (either volume pots or the switch) and then just mount the pots and put the nuts over the pots and the nobs go over them. it's not rocket science and EMG schematics are easy as sin to follow, not only that but a lot of the time the electronics are presoldered.

Ive never had a problem with small cavities, i suppose on those really popular ibanez shredomatic guitars the body might be as thin as the neck or something, i dunno, and you might have trouble there, but batteries aren't generally huge. you could always attach the battery to your guitar strap.
Marty