Hey I like the telecaster shape, but im looking for more of a metal capable guitar in that shape..would the schecter PT be my best bet?

http://music123.com/Product/Product.aspx?sku=116302

there it is..i love the maple neck too..has anyone played a maple neck, obv i think they look good..but hows the feel...

and is there any other companies that make a telecaster shape at a relatively low price..no higher then that price (400) please...and i understand im getting what i pay for..just lookin for another axe..thanks
i was about to suggest the schecter PT until i noticed you already saw it. definately the way to go. the only other thing i can think of is a fender flathead tele, but thats over $1000. maple necks are great imo, i dont know why most guitars have rosewood.
if you can find one there in America, a Framus Renegade (but now that I think of it, IF you'd find one it would probably be pretty expensive).
Otherwise, go for the Schecter .
maple necks feel good. easy to clean. just some guitar polish no oil needed.

schecter is a good company.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i like the blackjack version of the PT far better but yeh for metal just whack some good pickups in there and your pretty much set to go. just what amp do you use? as you could dial in some pretty good tones from your amp
Carvin TL60
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
i almost linked him to one. but his budget doesnt seem to fit.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

thanks for the help guys, thing i dont understand is y theres a massive markup on schecters in canada? that pt is 399, and 6 something here, thats horrible..usually well pay 150 more then us at most
maybe because they are smaller, there is more demand and they have a harder time shipping out of country.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

thats what i assumed, but i actually talked to someone at long and mcquade, and they say they can get them in in less then a week and a half, because they ship out of quebec...weird
well if youve got a big wallet then go heremetal telecaster

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.
obviously im aware of that james root (jim root) plays one..but seriously im pretty sure i mentioned a 400 axe tops? you dont tell somone asking about a 15 watt practice amp to buy a triple rec do you? thanks anyways