i usually sample things before i go out and buy a CD, and around here it seems like everybody just LOVES nile. i listened to couple songs, black seeds of vengeance annihilation of the wicked, and execration text, and i just dont get it. to me it sounds more annoying than anything else, i can hardly hear the guitar over the constant blast beats and when i can hear the guitar its either mindless shred or random melodies. am i missing something or is this just what nile is?
People just have specific tastes.

*Ahem*

Nile owns j00..
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
You obviously haven't acquired the taste yet.

Most people who hear Nile or any other extreme metal band for the first time just dismiss it as rubbish and don't even give it a chance.

It just takes a while to truly enjoy and respect the extreme forms of metal.

I don't even like Nile as much as the others do anyway.
roar
I enjoy the whole Egyptian motif, to me they are not a band that I am obsessed with, but I think they are a nice break, a wonderful diversion.
Quote by soccermom
Of course eating unbelievable amounts of anything can probably harm you, but i chose bananas because they look like willies.
I like Nile because they're not meat heads. They have insane lyrics, (I love the egyptian theme). All of them are decently smart as I would suspect, I know Karl and Dallas are. And they can ****ing play their instruments. Anyways, Ghey thread.
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
I tried downloading them and Necrophagist and I haven't quite gotten the taste for death metal bands like them yet either. I'm slowly getting there with Carcass...
If you are reading this, you fail at life. Go cut yourself and save yourself more misery.

Quote by Antartica.
What do you think about Opeths soft singer, do you think they need that vocalist or is that wut makes them Opeth?
hey umm off topic i know, but yeah im the person slayer224 was talking about i used to think it was just a bunch of indistinguishable noise and retarted growls but i kinda had that ..... holy **** moment and i really started breaking it down and listening to it annd yeah metal up my ass er somthing so what are some good bands to look into
1) You have to be into that stuff in order to understand them and LISTEN to them
2) Nile have very good written lyrics and great melodies.
3) If you dont liked nile then dont buy any of their cd's ..dah!!
4) Please dont critisize a genre and a band you dont like just cause you listened to 2 songs .. It is really disturbing..
5) Go to the metal recomendations thread and ask the nile listeners to give you some ideas on which songs you should listen .
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by fu man chu
hey umm off topic i know, but yeah im the person slayer224 was talking about i used to think it was just a bunch of indistinguishable noise and retarted growls but i kinda had that ..... holy **** moment and i really started breaking it down and listening to it annd yeah metal up my ass er somthing so what are some good bands to look into

Some Death metal bands to check out:

Necrophagist
Bloodbath
Cryptopsy
Hate Eternal
Bolt Thrower
Deicide
Decapitated
Death

Just to get you started.
roar
Quote by gimme_fuel_89
No one cares what you think.

I could say the same about you...
If you are reading this, you fail at life. Go cut yourself and save yourself more misery.

Quote by Antartica.
What do you think about Opeths soft singer, do you think they need that vocalist or is that wut makes them Opeth?
Quote by Necrolust
2) Nile have very good written lyrics.

LOL

But yeah, acquired taste blah blah schmackedy schmackedy.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
^but the fact that you replied to him implies that you DO care just kidding.

um, people have different tastes. Also Nile is very difficult to get into at first, when i heard them i thought it sucked (i was heavilly into melodic death metal at the time) Now I love them.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
I still haven't really got into Nile, it took some time with Necrophagist. I suspect it will take longer with Nile.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by Dyer's Eve
LOL

It does indeed sound like amusing blabbering about the ancient rites of Rameses VIIXiViV, bringer of War upon the Pyramids of Tutan-Unas, but they actually make sense, and are pretty interesting.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
^Oh, don't get me wrong, the concept is indeed interesting... But come on...

"You must destroy their seed utterly, you shall gash them with flints, You shall gore them with sticks, hack off their testicles, And cut their phalluses to pieces, suffer none of them to live"

or

"One by one we force the female captives to serve the Ahati until the Gods legs are awash with blood and his phallus drips with red and black gore Un snem sheth tesher mekhsefu parthal m aba neth Anhur."

Just... LOL.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
"Phallus" means penis

Nah I understand what the threadstater is on about. Especially if you're an older listener, i.e. you grew up with the original Death Metal, you won't like this stuff.

I saw them live early December last year, I was hardly impressed. The drummer was very good but. And Karl Sanders is perhaps the ugliest/most-resemblant of a McNugget person I've ever met (got him to sign some **** for a friend after the show).

To me, nothing special/new has come out in the past 5 years. People should stop worrying about getting "heavier" or being "heavier" cause that's not what it's about. It's about writing good songs.

Nothing against you if you like Nile, but it's really nothing special at all.

And personally I think the theme of singing about gyppo's non stop is fvcken' stupid, but then again you might turn around and go "gore metal - singing about blood n guts is fvcken' stupid" - so there you have the two sides of the coin.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!