Which dunlop crybaby is worth getting. This will be my first wah pedal but i still wanna get something good, price is not to much of a worry. So which Crybaby model should I get for Metal playing like Kirk Hammett to the classic wah sounds like Jimi Hendrix. Also i want to be able to change the wah sound or range. Also can you get a wah pedal that you can use for guitar and bass, like one with adjustable frequencies

Any help is appreciated
I have a Dimebag CFH wah, and I like it a lot for metal. It's got a ton of different settings, it's really just a hotrodded 535Q, which is a very versatile wah in it's own right. It's got all the features of the 535, but an extra fine tune for the sweep, adjustable pedal clutch, and the ability to use same side inputs or dual outputs. It also uses a red Fassel inductor. The Budda is also another wah I really want to get my hands on, but the voicing is a little more vintage.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
If you buy a Crybaby you can easily mod it to do all those things and more...

You can't buy any models that do all that.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
^+1

If you are comfortable with modding things and using a soldering iron, the mods are pretty easy on the GCB-95 wah, and then you can really taylor it to the exact adjustments you want. I've modded one I'm also very happy with.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I recently bought a crybaby classic Wah pedal and I lvoe the thing to pieces, Its my first wah pedal so I'm pretty unexperienced with the sound.. sounds amazing though
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
Quote by guitar_guru_28
Which dunlop crybaby is worth getting. This will be my first wah pedal but i still wanna get something good, price is not to much of a worry. So which Crybaby model should I get for Metal playing like Kirk Hammett to the classic wah sounds like Jimi Hendrix. Also i want to be able to change the wah sound or range. Also can you get a wah pedal that you can use for guitar and bass, like one with adjustable frequencies

Any help is appreciated

Jimi Hendrix used a vox wah.

Most dunlop wahs are nice though. Even the lower end one.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Jimi Hendrix used a vox wah.

Most dunlop wahs are nice though. Even the lower end one.

The GCB95 is awful.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
i agree most dunlops are not nice unless modded besides maybe the 535Q and CFH or the Rack mounted ones
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by timi_hendrix
The GCB95 is awful.

I like it just fine. If it's hooked into a noise supressor.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Meh better than nothing
its not even the noise the 95 i noticed sux away some of your tone and the sweep is bad its very much crap unless you get it modded then it becomes very nice
Quote by Syn Harvest
its not even the noise the 95 i noticed sux away some of your tone and the sweep is bad its very much crap unless you get it modded then it becomes very nice

The sweep is just fine for me. But then again, I don't play any Children of Bodom or whatever the **** you kids are listening to these days. I don't need some short sweep.

And it doesn't suck away from your tone....stfuxup n00b.

EDIT: Also, hey buddy? Can you please speak complete full sentances for once? It's hard to understand your bull****.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Meh better than nothing
I'm with Syn on this one. I have a GCB95, and it's just fine for funk, I suppose, but put any distortion on it and it gets horrible. Maybe mine's just especially bad, but it seems like if I go fully heel-down, I get no bass at all, and on the first few frets on the low E all I can get is harmonics.
Your so Stupid first off i dont unerstand this you kids statement your ****ing 15 your just a kid yourself in fact younger than me and alot of the other ppl on this forum that actually know what there talking about.

Yes it does suck away your tone i guess your to much of a noob to notice but playing through a ****ty solid state how would you.

And the sentence was just a little statement im not trying to write a fuking novel here im just trying to get the point across so SHUT THE FUK UP NOOB damn. Know what your talking about then you can speak your mind
^When I add distortion on mine it just gets noisey. I used some noise supression and it sounds pretty damn sweet now.
I don't have that other problem with mine though.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Meh better than nothing
maybe you just got lucky but i have played at least 15 and any sort of distortion and it turns to ****. modded they are very nice. I think Pink Queen had a nice thread about modding it but im not sure i know its one of the mods
Quote by CheeseMuffin909
The sweep is just fine for me. But then again, I don't play any Children of Bodom or whatever the **** you kids are listening to these days. I don't need some short sweep.

And it doesn't suck away from your tone....stfuxup n00b.

EDIT: Also, hey buddy? Can you please speak complete full sentances for once? It's hard to understand your bull****.

try an A/B test. Just play thru your normal fx chain with the GCB just sitting idle/off in the chain. Then just pull it completely out of the chain, and listen to your tone. The buffer circuit they use makes the signal go through the circuit even with the pedal disengaged, so it robs you of some tone even when it's off. That's why the true-bypass mod alone helps it so much. It's got a really small sweep that is harsh at the extremes, compared to a quality wah, but the difference is only really apparant if you have played a good one. Stock, it barely has any of the vocal qualities that make a great wah. With the mods though, it's a different pedal completely.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by CheeseMuffin909
I like it just fine. If it's hooked into a noise supressor.

The one I tried had an appalling sweep. It was just like pressing a treble boost button or something, there was nothing gradual about it, just basically two sounds switching back and forth.

But hey, maybe I tried a really pants one.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
ive got a 535Q and love it, very versitial. i was going to get the zakk wylde sig then i played the 535Q and got that instead. i can get a lot of different great tones form this thing, defentally a good investment.
i have tried a zakk wylde wah and it was pretty cool. A Vox Clyde McCoy is way better.
Guitars:
Dean DOA ML 04 #31/50 w/ Dimarzios
Dean ML Knight w/ EMG's
Dean Avalanche w/ EMG's
Jackson DXMGT w/ EMG's
Ibanez RG350M w/ Dimarzios
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzios
Ibanez V Blade w/ Dimarzios
Amps:
Marshall 8100 w/ Marshall Cab