hi. i'm looking for the electronics gurus.

i'm borrowing a friends wah pedal and he gave me permission to mod it for the better. its a cheap $30 eBay wah, but its sounds pretty good.

now, the main problems i have with it are that
-it hums (alot)
-lacks dynamics in the sweep (the sweep is even and could be more effective)
-lack mid range
-fails abit under high gain

so, i wanna mod it to make it stop humming, make it true by pass (and do the same to my russian muff), make it more effective and make the sweep smoother with more mid range.

i would settle for by pass and humming, if i cant do the others, and i can post pictures of the innards of the wah, but to my it looks like a rip off of a original cry baby.

so, help?
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
like i said, i can post a pic. its a daphon (cheap) wah of eBay.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Theres a big thread I started on Crybaby modding.

I bet you can carry most, if not all, of it across.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
please keep us updated ill b interested to c how it turns out, ive got one (daphon too) and am thinking of moding mine, tho mine isnt to fix any problems, just to get it to make cool noises
i just tried just some random circuit bending couldnt realy get anything that would even really change my tone. i got some distorted scrathing noise when i moved it around a bit and could get a clear radio station with asian voices on it. but thats about it. sticking the paperclip into the output so it touched the jack gave it a bit more of a buzzy noise but it watn even worth keeping, tho mayb u could find something