is this a good guitar? just to practice in my room. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-JS30RR-Rhoads-Electric-Guitar?sku=511564
and is it a good idea to put emgs in it after a few months when I have the money?
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by noxios at Aug 23, 2006,
I'm looking here to the reviews on musician's friend and the most people say its a great guitar and a few are saying that it is the wortst guitar ever. who do I have to believe?
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
Well I think you're going to find that with every guitar really, not everybody is going to be pleased with one guitar in particular (the day that happens all companies will go out of business).

I would say that it is up to you if you like it, so rather than buying online now go down to your local music store and try it out for as long as you want and see what YOU think. Then buy!
I'm going to try it first in the music store but there he costs more than online :d
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
I know, I am the king of doing that kind of thing. Once I spent an hour playing a guitar I went ahead and bought for £130 cheaper online. I even told the guitar shop man and he was like...fair enough.
does anyone know why it is cheaper to buy online?
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
Dont get it IMO
if you're going to stand up the whole time practicing then yeah but you could get one that doesnt hurt so much whilst playing, and i doubt you are like this but dont get it cos it looks like randy rhoads', or judging by what you are listening to ecause it looks like that w**ker matt tuck's

I know a guy who is buying one saying "I'm getting a jackson RR cos matt tuck from 'bulet' plays one"

then theres me
"Its not a randy rhoads, its a V, and also randy rhoads playe done first bee-atch"
I get annoyed with people like that, but other than that it seems ok, i tried one, good to play, but it hurts to use
Well take into account the costs of transport, it is going to add up for the average shop guy. He has to move it from a warehouse to his store, whereas online you are literally buying from a warehouse.

An online shop is fictitous at the end of the day, sure there are site maintanence costs, but nothing in the league of owing a store with rent, electricity, staff, telephone, lighthing, heating, etc.

This is true of basically every product, be CD's, DVDs', etc. That is why sites like Amazon are so cheap.

Some days I do fear for the local store...but the implications for us as consumers is cheaper prices. Which is fine by me.
I have that model, well, one up (with a floyd) and it's alright, the only thing is, as previously mentioned by punk_ninja it's an utter bastard to sit and play, well, it's okay to sit with in a very uncomfy way, between legs, but it's awful for sitting laid back and strumming, ie when watching tv. So bad in fact that I often find myself strumming a stagg of all things when the occasion calls for sitting down. However, although the access isn't all that, the neck is pretty smooth and nice, the frets are nice and big (not my current preference, but it is just that, a preference) and the stock p'ups are acceptable, as for EMGs I have no personal experience but am told the basswood isn't the best, but I can offer my experience that a seymour duncan invader in the bridge sounds pretty awesome. hope i helped you
I'm a fan of wierd shapes, but is this a guitar better to play when I sit? its the same guitar but with another shape. http://www.musicstorekoeln.de/nl/global/0_0_G_0_GIT0005994-003/0/0/0/detail/musicstore.html
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
Hmmm ...I'd be doubtful about the Warrior being just a different shape. I dunno whether shape affects sound at all, but are all the specs identical? Tonewood, pickups, fretboard, etc?

As for the RR, Total Guitar gave it a fairly glowing 4 star review when it came out, the reviews on harmony central ae good, it has 24 frets and a lovely, comfy Jackson neck, and I intend it to be my first decent axe. Having said that I'll keep my old electric for standby, and I play standing up a lot anyway.

Look at other axes in the price range that suit your aesthetic (Dime V is a nice wierd shape, but cheap B C Riches are known to suck), and play before you buy if you can, but I think it's a quality axe for the money.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
The JS30 Jacksons are nothing to write home about.

An Ibanez RG321MH would be a lot better for you. They're better than those Jacksons for the money.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
and what amp do you recomend?
I was thinking to buy a distortion pedal and play trough my bass amp but on this forum they say that it is a bad idea.
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
Yeah for metal Cube 30 or micro. And I wouldn't get the JS series jacksons, theyre pretty horrible. My friend (idiot) does the distortion pedal through Peavey bass amp thing with a multi FX (Digi RP 80) and it sounds 'orrible. So don't ever do that without top notch effects and amp and guitar.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join