I'm looking for a new amp with about 30W of solid state power, something that can pull off black sabbath and metallica without needing stompboxes.. something under 200$ would be perfect.. bu i would go up to 300$ if its worth it..

-St3v3
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
i'd check out randall amps if i was you, i have one and its perfect for metal, and i reckon it would give any other SS amp a dam good run for those heavy tones with out stomps and stuff, tubes another story though.

Google Randall amps mate, as they arent to expensive and would suit that fine. I've heard the roland amps are good also (ss)
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
Fender Deluxe 900 is about £300 i don't know the conversion, thats 90 watts

the Fender Princeton is about 60 watts thats cheaper.

or a 30 watt Fender Princeton or something is available for cheaper again.

they all have clean, distortion and overdrive with lots of decent effects on.

i love my fender amps, it's just a pity there guitars aren't of the same quality as the vintage aged ones are now.

EDIT:
The 30 watt Fender is a Fender Champion 300
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Last edited by Kingyem0c0re at Aug 23, 2006,
@rockstar_jones:
what does SS mean in this context?
***I'm not English-speaking so sorry if there's something wrong***

Gear:

Peavey Raptor 2 (Strat cop)
Ibanez SAS-32 FMDRS
Gibson accoustic from the 50s
Aria accoustic
Peavey amp
Hughes & Kettner Matrix 100
Ibanez LowFi7
The roland ones sound really good, I;ve heard quite a few things about the cube series too, I was thinking about laney amps.. any comments ?
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
Quote by schwedengitarre
@rockstar_jones:
what does SS mean in this context?

Well it's either Secret Service or Solid State, but I really can't be sure...
Love is not a victory march.
a roland 30, I don't want to spend too much and I want to buy this amp to leave in my drummers medium sized garage, my 15w orange crush does the job nicely but theres no gain knob on it so I can't play any metal even though its a sweet little amp..
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
SS clearly ment solidstate lol, this is an amp thread isnt it... yeah i only mentioned SS's because you'd be pushing to find a good tube amp for that price.

hmm secret service sounds interesting too...
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
if i was going to spend money on a good tube amp I would get a half stack not something to practice in a small garage :P
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
Vox AD30VT. I can get a really good Metallica type tone with this amp along with my ibanez(stock pickups..) As far as Black Sabbath...I havn't tried. And it's just above 200.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
Quote by St3v3
if i was going to spend money on a good tube amp I would get a half stack not something to practice in a small garage :P

not good advice. there is no advantage to getting a solid state amp in a different shape.

roland cube 30 with its models and gain seems like the logical choice, but any 30W will be pushing it over a drummer. especially, over a metal drummer. and solid state amps dont work up to their tone potential at higher volumes. so a cube 60 $340 would be ideal here.
perhaps u can find a B stock or used.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
my 15w plays higher then my drummer, so no worries here, don't need amazing tone.. just enough to be recognisable as the song in question, I think I'll check out the cube sometime this week, thanks guys
.!,,! X.x !,,!.