Page 1 of 2
Well, fellow Wii fanboys. Here is your oasis away from the torture of crappy threads and 360/PS3 fanboys scattering the Pit. Here you can talk about the winner of the next console war. The Wii! Discuss games/price/release date/accessories/etc.
With a name like Yakult, it has to be good. Vote Yakult.

Member #11 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie
Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp

Roland Deschain of UG's Heroes and Villains Clubs.
You suck.
What do we tell our children? Look before you leap. Stop and think. Don't judge a book by its cover. We believe that we are always better off gathering as much information as possible and spending as much time as possible in deliberation.
"away from the torture of crappy threads and 360/PS3 fanboys scattering the Pit"

"You suck"

yes the wii should be awesome, but just making a thread that says its the only and official.. doesnt make it so.
Quote by Pharoah
You suck.

so does Gary Numan
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
The Wii is going to be awesome.

The Leipzig Game Convention was ****ty, though (I think there's a couple more days, but the "Wii Prove Our Promise" sucked ass).

September 14th is the Release Date/Price Announcement Day, because there will be a big Wii Party then.
Quote by Pharoah
You suck.

Why thank you. I am glad to be told this by a little 15-year-old, pre-pubescent, noob. Now son, when your testicles have finally dropped, come talk to me. By that time I may even consider carrying on an actual conversation with you.

Wii is gunna be a piece of ****.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Quote by SOADFanSince'98
Why thank you. I am glad to be told this by a little 15-year-old, pre-pubescent, noob. Now son, when your testicles have finally dropped, come talk to me. By that time I may even consider carrying on an actual conversation with you.

Meh, you do suck.
You actually made the thread.

Anyway, the Wii is going to rock. Sure, it wont be the best system graphics-wise, but it'll have Zelda, Mario and an exclusive Resi Evil made for the unique controlling system. The best thing about it is that it's going to be really cheap, too. I'm definitely getting one.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by JesseIbanez
Wii is gunna be a piece of ****.

it's not even out yet and you're calling it shit?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Wii is goign to be the best thing Nintendo have done since Super Mario 64!
I used to think it would be amazing and innovative, but it's going to get really old the 10th time you play another game that involves point and click with the Wii-mote. Not to mention I don't feel like swinging it around for more than half an hour, since it'd be tiring, and the endless slew of golf, fishing, and kiddie games doesn't appeal.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by AzureNight
I used to think it would be amazing and innovative, but it's going to get really old the 10th time you play another game that involves point and click with the Wii-mote. Not to mention I don't feel like swinging it around for more than half an hour, since it'd be tiring, and the endless slew of golf, fishing, and kiddie games doesn't appeal.

Yeah, that's what I thought when they first introduced that controller. I was sure they'd bring out a regular hand-held alternative. I haven't had chance to use the Wii-mote, but I can't see it being comfortable for games like Zelda, not to mention it will be tiring, as you said. Let's hope Nintendo have thought of this.

Quote by Smokey Amp
Yeah, that's what I thought when they first introduced that controller. I was sure they'd bring out a regular hand-held alternative. I haven't had chance to use the Wii-mote, but I can't see it being comfortable for games like Zelda, not to mention it will be tiring, as you said. Let's hope Nintendo have thought of this.

They said it wold be able to turn around and be used as a regular controller, similliar to the one on the snes.
Quote by Smokey Amp

They are going to have an alternate controlller that is held normally.

http://cubemedia.gamespy.com/cube/image/article/706/706627/wii-classic-controller-20060509070254246.jpg

The only good title I've seen for the WII (Which is a stupid name...Revolution was much better, but still bad) is the new Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess? I think it's called much like the only good title announced for Playstation3 is Metal Gear Solid 4. (Oh yes...)
The controller also bugs the hell out of me, but whatever.
pfff y'know originally they were going to call this 'Revolution' but then changed it to Wii.
Thats just gay, cos Wii sounds like 'wee' (piss/urine)
how does this possibly benefit them in any way? Revolution...Piss....Revolution...Piss....hmm, i think piss is a winner, boys

http://wii.nintendo.com/philosophy.html
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
pfff y'know originally they were going to call this 'Revolution' but then changed it to Wii.
how does this possibly benefit them in any way? Revolution...Piss....Revolution...Piss....hmm, i think piss is a winner, boys

Yeah, we know. Everyone was upset about it, but in the end, it's just a name. It's not like it's ancient news, they only changed the name a few months ago.

Quote by OddOneOut

Eh... yeah, Wii sucks... but potty humor sucks just as much.

OMFGZLOL POOP!

Um... Revolution still wouldn't really fit the system either, haha. They should've called it the... PlayBox-Wii60. And it could play games from all the systems... now THAT would be Revolutionary.
Quote by HorridxHopes
Um... Revolution still wouldn't really fit the system either, haha. They should've called it the... PlayBox-Wii60. And it could play games from all the systems... now THAT would be Revolutionary.

You did know you're going to be able to download and play all games from all previous Nintendo systems on the Wii, right? Pretty revolutionary if you ask me, along with the unique motion controller.

Quote by Smokey Amp
Yeah, we know. Everyone was upset about it, but in the end, it's just a name. It's not like it's ancient news, they only changed the name a few months ago.

doesn't change the fact it sounds like piss....
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I hope to get one before the end of the year.

Anyone doing the pswii or xboxwii60 thing?

Punk died with Take Off Your Pants and Jacket.

k guys i play real metal like atreyu and stuff
whoa what in one of the very first posts release date sep 14? nvmd looked like he was tlkin about sumtin else

BTW

Wii will rock

mainly becuz IMO

holiday season parents and wlel almost everyoen wants the cheaper thing and Wii is it also I mean loook at the idea I thought it was awesome haha i liek the PS3 but not everyone will shell 600 i will maybe but it will be in a long time
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Last edited by Ka$h at Aug 23, 2006,
Quote by Smokey Amp

Well, no matter how much you think about the subject, even moving your arm for that long without holding anything is tiring. I don't see how the other controller will work for many games when nearly all of them involve some kind of point and click related usage of the remote.

You did know you're going to be able to download and play all games from all previous Nintendo systems on the Wii, right? Pretty revolutionary if you ask me, along with the unique motion controller.

Uh, they already have that. You can find them in the bargain bins at Wal-Mart for $5. It's those little crappy Tecmo things that have dozens and dozens of old Nintendo/classic games.
Quote by AzureNight
Well, no matter how much you think about the subject, even moving your arm for that long without holding anything is tiring. I don't see how the other controller will work for many games when nearly all of them involve some kind of point and click related usage of the remote.

I think the alternative controller is more for use with the classic Nintendo games which you can download onto the Wii.

Quote by AzureNight

Uh, they already have that. You can find them in the bargain bins at Wal-Mart for $5. It's those little crappy Tecmo things that have dozens and dozens of old Nintendo/classic games.

I mean from the N64 too.

Also, I wasn't disgareeing with you about the controller. Read my post again.

Quote by Smokey Amp
I mean from the N64 too.

Also, I wasn't disgareeing with you about the controller. Read my post again.

I know, I was just adding to what you said with my own thoughts.

Anyone got any pics / screenshots or is it all just hype / press releases still at this point ?

www.gamespot.com > Wii section > games you want to see screenshots of.
Personally I feel the new controller will really own for FPS games, unlike the analog sticks and crap on xbox/ps. I think it'll be much closer to a computer type feel.

Punk died with Take Off Your Pants and Jacket.

k guys i play real metal like atreyu and stuff
I'll get one after I get the PS3.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
The new Super Smash Brothers is going to be one of the best games of the year when it comes out. I may just get wii just for that game.
Oh yeah. Another cool thing is that they recently announced that the controls for Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess have been changed. You will now be swinging the controller as if it were Link's sword.

Quote by Smokey Amp

That brings back memories of the power glove.

I really hope they make this thing fool proof .. because the powerglove was sooo unusable. This could kill the whole console if it's not done properly.

Of course if it is done properly and people don't have problems with the controller it will be very cool. It's also great to see one of the big 3 companies doing something a little different when the other two are focusing on just making the system more powerful with the same ol' game play concepts etc.
Page 1 of 2