Ok I?ve had this guitar sitting around for a long time I don't play it much as the Gibson LP gets played more, I was wondering I wanted to spice this guitar up a bit I don't want to drill anything out of it, I was thinking of fitting new pickups to it obviously it has 3 hum buckers but honestly I think there rubbish. Any suggestions on good pickups for soloing I like to play Gary Moore style Guitar solo's long thick distorted sound, like the LP pickups but as it has three to replace or I at least want to replace the neck and bridge as I use those the most.
Also I've been looking at fitting this system http://www.stetsbar.co.uk/

But they are way to expensive is there a cheaper alternative with out cutting away the guitar and without loss of quality?

thanks lots
Go with EMG 81's. 85's will do too but my personal preference is 81. Wicked soloing and metal pickups....and being a flat-black square in place of your typical looking pickups is a nice look. Then again, that depends on your guitar colour. All the best!
I got a fever...and the only prescription...is more cowbell!

for emg's you need a place to put a battery pack in your guitar
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
yea I can use the EMG but then being as fussy as me I would have to buy a special battery holder on the back, plus I would prefer the pickups to be gold plated like the current once but the gold has gone a little minging lol, how much are the Les Paul Standard pickups in gold I love those.

anyone know anything about installing a stetsbar on an SG apparently I would need to buy a bat wing scratch plate?

anyone know any cheap UK websites that sell guitar parts complete body's and stuff?

thanks lots.
yo could go bigsby
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Quote by seek_&_destroy
yo could go bigsby

Ok I looked up the bigsby I like it its a lot cheaper but Will I need to do any drilling on the guitar?
Plus what bigsby plus bridge would you recomend I don't know much about them.

thanks I know I'm a pain lol.
Quote by Cloudkill
Ok I looked up the bigsby I like it its a lot cheaper but Will I need to do any drilling on the guitar?
Plus what bigsby plus bridge would you recomend I don't know much about them.

thanks I know I'm a pain lol.

Only 3 holes for the screws.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Id say bigsby and some burstbuckers, or if you like seymour duncans, get some sh-55 seth lovers.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
goddamit, more of the EMG battery ppl. Seriously open up the cavity in your guitar and put a 9v battery in there, unless you have a really flash guitar that is megathin itll fit. ive fitted them in a few guitars and 9v batteries where never a problem.
Marty