Hey Im sure you all know the red hot chili pepper logo (the cross one) and i was wondering if it would be hard to spraypaint it onto either the guitar body or the pickguard. thats the sort of colou the guitar is. So is all i need to do, sand the area to be painted, then like use a stencil to paint it on? And also, do you think it would look cooler on the pickguard or guitar? Thanks
I don't think it would look to good with that color. You are already playing a guitar that looks like one John Frusciante uses a lot (Sunburst w/ rosewood fretboard).

So why don't you keep it as it is?
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
if anything, just paint the pickguard...if you don't like how it turns out, you can always just replace it with another new one
"The road ahead is lined with broken dreams, so walk, just walk on by..."
Ok, il do it one the pickguard. And that isnt my guitar, its just the basic colour of it. Mines is a crappy copy and i never really use it anymore (got an ibanez) and I dont want it to look like johns, i just thought it would be cool.
What you need to do is slightly sand down the part of the pickguard you're gonna put it on, then use a stencil or do it by hand and clear coat it after you've painted so that it doesn't chip off.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I think it'd look awesome if you painted the logo on the body on the lower left part (where your forearm would normally be), then relic'ed the finish so that the logo was partially rubbed off, along with the rest of the finish. Though if you want to paint it on the pickguard, do what R_H_C_P said.
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
^Damn you! Now Im thiking about doing it on the body again! Well Im still not sure....

.........Please excuse the paint skills........
I dont know if it would look better where robmarsden01 suggested or on the pickguard. It would standout more if it was the the white pickguard, or maybe on the body picture above, have the logo down a bit.
Come up with your own symbol. Just copying the RHCP one is unoriginal and stupid.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
*waits for algee and his tutorial with the clover*
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.