well ive been getting this huge urge to try and start a band, let me explain a bit.
the bass player is my really good friend, and it was originaly us who were gonna start the band, but i found out he is just awful, he has only had 4 lessons and plays less than once a week, and thinks he's the ****. so then i found this other kid whos also my friend and lives closer to me, is way better, he plays bass and drums. so now its him and me, and we wonna start a band, and its also better because we play the same music, so how do i go about this, starting a band, what steps do i have to take? and also how do i go about telling the other bass player? thanks
-gtrfrk
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
its tough i was in a similar situation i told him if he didnt shape up and start playing more and practicing harder i would kick him out and unfortunatly i had to kick him out i just said i gave you a chance and you didnt take it seriously so you gotta go. its all you can do.

About the band just break down everything you need. You have a guitarist and a drumemr correct. you need to find a bassist. Also are you gonna sing if no you need a singer. If there are gonna be alot of leads in your songs your gonna A) get a lead plaer or B) play the leads yourself and get a rhythm player. If your gonna sing its better you do rhythm and find a lead player.

Hope you understood i kinda rambled
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
yea i understood, for the most part im gonnna play lead and do a bit of singing, but not of all. most likely i'll be backup vocals.

-gtrfrk
~gtrfrk

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

ok what kind of music do ou want to play
classic rock, mostly just the basic stuff, ironman, smoke on the water, some easier pink floyd songs, maybe some spinal tap for fun, and write some originals as well.
~gtrfrk

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

then you probably wont need two guitarists you could if you wanted an extra though to do cool little harmonized stuff