I know music theory and scales very well and i have been using guitar pro 5. Everything I have been writing sounds really random like it starts kind of classical sounding then metal the the solo sounds too jazzy. I do tend to listen to several genes of music but I dont want what I write to reflect that. How do I make my music flow??
If you love god, burn a church.- Jello Biafra

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth; I came not to send peace, but a sword. -- Jesus

The war on global warming will go full force in.. 3.. 2.. 1..
Send in the peguins!!
Don't try to write the next Stairway to heaven. Start with a simple, good sounding chord progression, and build on that. Work on a verse chord progression next, then come up with a bridge. When that is done work up some lyrics.
Don't try to push brilliance. It will come.

Jason A.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
How do you write songs? I usually come up with a riff, decides wether it's going to be an intro, verse, chorus etc. and the nthe rest just pops up once in a while. It takes time and sometimes it can take more than a week to complete a song because your creativity changes.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
I could show you what I got on guitar pro but I forgot how to upload

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth; I came not to send peace, but a sword. -- Jesus

Send in the peguins!!
make it a .zip file and attach it to a post
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Here it is
Attachments:
In Keeping the Blade.zip

Send in the peguins!!