very nice! Is that your handywork? If so, it looks pro man.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
that be my handy work...

and thanks for the compliment. Small tube amps are the ****.
I finished it a while ago but I just got around to taking a pic earlier today.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

wow man, that looks realllllly good! What kind of cost, and what tools did you need? Also, how did you get the seams looking so good? All new hardware too? That really looks professional man, no joke.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Cost? A couple hundred bucks, and it took a lot of practice. There's a reason I doesnt have as much time to post on this board as much anymore

I have tons of tweed'ed scrap pieces of wood lying around with less the stellar efforts.
My dad owns a basic woodshop (aka, our basement) and he's an electronics guru so I learned everything from him.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

ahh, yeah, I can imagine. Thanks for the info. I knew it was too good to be true, lol, I would love to do that to my old Mark head and recto cab, but I don't have the tools or knowhow. The woodshop would help a lot for tools I guess, haha. Excellent work again man, very impressed. What kind of amp is that anyway? Clips?
amp clips
amp vids
Nice job with the tweed! I've heard it's an ass to work with, but it looks great.

Is that a 5e3? Those are sweet little amps...I built a single channeled version:
[IMG[http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/Sqeeezie/gotwant.jpg
Not as pretty as yours, but it sounds awesome. I'm still looking for an enclosure for it. And sorry the pictures is so small, but I can't find anything better on this computer(I'm on my moms, not mine.)
Right now I'm working on fixing up a '68 Fender Bassman...w00t!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Nice job with the tweed! I've heard it's an ass to work with, but it looks great.

Is that a 5e3? Those are sweet little amps...I built a single channeled version:

Not as pretty as yours, but it sounds awesome. I'm still looking for an enclosure for it. And sorry the pictures is so small, but I can't find anything better on this computer(I'm on my moms, not mine.)

I've admired that little thing for a while now pink. You've also got me jonsing for a bassman, lol.
amp clips
amp vids
Wow, that looks damn gorgeous, congrats on the build!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Awesome dude. I've always wanted to start building shlt. That looks great.

[IMG[http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/Sqeeezie/gotwant.jpg

Basic 59 champ clone...nothing hard, nothing special, just a tone monster.
Is that fender a blackface? You should mod it to blackface spec's if it's not...Mainly because I want to learn how.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Looks amazing try to get some sound clips up
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Looks like my champamp found it's long lost twin brother

These things are seriously awesome amps. I'm actually wondering how cool it'd be if I built like... 8 more of these and stacked them all together in a 3x3 wall. That'd be hot ****.
Last edited by greenbox at Aug 23, 2006,
gah, you people with your kickass little tube amps are making me very envious.
amp clips
amp vids
I love how the pictures came out...super cool
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Quote by Erock503
gah, you people with your kickass little tube amps are making me very envious.

Yeah, I guess you just have to make do with your Cobra and Mk.IV .
Quote by Cmogi10
I love how the pictures came out...super cool

Post some gut shots already!
Quote by El Codyo
Yeah, I guess you just have to make do with your Cobra and Mk.IV .

touché
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by electrik
Post some gut shots already!

Maybe some other time...not up for crackin it open right now.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Quote by Erock503
touché

oo post some Framus pics!
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

thats awesome...Love the look of that amp, we have one in the store I work at. Not something I would buy, not really geared to what I do, but awesome none the less.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

thanks man
I gotta admit though, if I was in a blues mood, and I had the choice of that monster half stack, or that little innocent looking tweed to plug my Strat into, the tweed would probably win.
amp clips
amp vids
nice. GAS is increasing for that cornell romany plus I tried a while ago...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Cmogi10
Basic 59 champ clone...nothing hard, nothing special, just a tone monster.
Is that fender a blackface? You should mod it to blackface spec's if it's not...Mainly because I want to learn how.

It's a Silverface. If you want to get all technical, my amp came as an '68 AC568 circuit...quite different from the AA864 Blackface spec. This amp was a bit sterile, so I modded it to partial AA864("best" Blackface) wiring. To be honest though, I found it way over hyped...and I wanted to use it for Bass too. It didn't have enough compression or definition to me, especially because I play bass through it too. So I modded it to the late Blackface/early Silverface AB165 circuit.

I love it like this. It breaks up at 5-6 which makes it a decent bass amp for me to jam with in my basement. Really fantastic sound, great dynamics as you start cranking it.

But anyways, here's the main stuff you need to do in order to switch it:
Mod PI. Mod the poweramp, remove extra feedback loops. Modify the negative feedback loop and how it connects back into the circuit. Preamp tweaks here and there. Mod the bias to adjustable bias. You need to mess with the power filtering crap. Remove local feedback loops on the preamp tubes.
You actually have to do quite a mess of crap...
It's more efficient to buy a whole new eyelet board, and rewire it with the original layout instead of tweaking the Silverface.

But I ended up preffering one of the models other people always hate on. To be honest, I think the crappy SF-ish is a load of crap somewhat. The 70's amps got progressively louder , and cleaner(more sterile too), but the late 60's SF's are really great.

I love my amps.
5e3+Bassman+Peavey C30=pwnage.

I've been considering modding my Peavey Classic 30 with some help from http://www.blueguitar.org/ to make it similar to the Vox AC30. Haven't seriously bothered yet though.

Tube amps are great fun to mess with.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.