I thought i'd do this thread for people to obtain some knowledge of techniques they could use when buying a guitar in the shop.
The main idea of this is for u lot to post your ideas in this, not to help me, but others who would like tips in the music store. Want your dream guitar but want it that bit cheaper? Here's a few pointers to get a bargain:

1) Go into the shop where u see the g-tar u want. try it out, if its say $500/£300 or more then there is a larger possibilty that the seller will discount u. Ask him "So what's the best u could do me?" If ur happy enough take it,if not go back. Try out several guitars on your return visit. You might want to pretend to be considering a much cheaper guitar. Selling you a cheap guitar means a small commission for them.. so they'll be more willing to give you a deal on the more expensive guitar.Don't tell them "I have to own this guitar!" Mention you've seen some nice guitars in other stores around town,to get a good result.

2)Sometimes, if the guitar is already on sale, or is a very budget-priced instrument, you'll have a hard time convincing the salesperson to further lower the price. In these circumstances, try asking them to include some guitar accessories for free, or at least at a heavily discounted price. These might include: a capo, guitar strings, a patch cord, guitar polish

3) Remeber,NEVER pay list price for a guitar. List prices are usually greatly inflated, the seller is there to make great profits,very great.

If anybody wishes to post any tips,it would be appreciated by others i'm sure
"so whats the best you could do me?" huhuhuhuh
Left Jab, Right hook, Then I knocked him out I hate player haters so I pissed in his mouth