whats the difference between monitor speakers and an amp??? especially when you use it as line out speaker for your multi effects???
monitor speakers are the speakers on the stage that you hear your stuff coming out of for personal monitoring. an amp is what you plug your guitar into and what connects to the speakers to make sound. monitor speakers shouldn't be plugged directly into amps, that's not what they're for
I'm not sure I understand the confusion. This is like asking what's the difference between a dog and a bicycle.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Correct. teh Crunch/\/\31574H cannot be pwnd.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

An amp makes the signal louder...

A monitor speaker is one that you use to listen to yourself...

Lol. You draw the connection.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
yeah i understand, but heres the set up im planning to make

guitar===>zoom.g9.2tt===>monitor speakers and PC(if i want to record)

i want to ask whether an amp would create a better sound???
Quote by Leepox

An amp by itself would probably have better sound overall, but you would lose the versitility of the mfx. The Zoom by it self would sound better through the monitors than through most amps though.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Wayward_Son
An amp by itself would probably have better sound overall, but you would lose the versitility of the mfx. The Zoom by it self would sound better through the monitors than through most amps though.

thank you! thats what i was trying to confirm!!!

im just trying to save my money by not buying an amp to test it out Thats the cheapest set up i can think of right now to get as many sounds as i can =D
Quote by Leepox

In this context, it makes more sense.

Amp modellers generally have all the parts of a guitar traditional amplifier modelled - the pre / power amp, and speakers. Many go as far as to model the mic that's used to get the sound, as well as its positioning. These units, IMO, sound far better thru monitors than thru a guitar amp. That's kind of analogous to stringing several guitar amps in series with each other, which really makes no sense in the 'big picture' of your rig. This will be the ideal setup.

However.... You can also use your modeller with your guitar amp if you wish. However, you'll probably have to make a few changes to your presets. The ideal setup is to bypass your amps preamp section completely, and jack straight into the power amp. This can be done on many amps via either a dedicated power amp input, or by connecting the putput of the Zoom directly to your amp's Effects Return. And ideally, you have to turn off the speaker and mic modelling on the Zoom (not sure if that's an option on that unit, but it should be). That way, you're using the Zoom as a digital preamp and effects unit, and using your amp's power amp and speakers for your main tone.

If you intend on using the Zoom for band practice, this is probably your best choice unless you have access to a good PA. For live use, you can go either way. You can either use the Zoom by itself plugged right into the main PA, or with your amp as I described.