iv seen loads of threads about how people have customised their guitars by changing pickups and messing about with wiring and such and to be honest dont have a clue what all of that means i jus want 2 no if anyone has any ideas on what visual changes i could do 2 my cherry sunburst les paul im sooooo bored of seein the same thing HELP!!!!!
if it's the looks you're tired of. try a re-paint. or a new stain. that's the most dramatic thing you could do.
cheers mate but maybe i sounded to desperate i dont want to chane the colour just small bits here and there replacing bits no bobs with different colours etc iv seeen others but there all black i havnt got a clue wat to do with cherry sunburst any ideas?
buy some gold hardware or chrome hardware new bridge new tuners I would suggest.
http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/shop/products.php?category=170
they maybe a little expensive but you can always shop around I just use this site to get an idea of what I want.
If you have some dosh saved up try this I've been looking at it for a while I don't know what to make of them it's quite new check it out...

http://www.madisonandfifth.co.uk/Ordering.htm

If you after new pickups look at the Kent Armstrong range really under rated in my opinion I use them on one of my guitars, there not to expensive and you have a wide range to chose from.

If you can post some pics of you guitar then people can suggest better things.
easiest thing would be a killswitch, just get an spst switch and run one wire the the ground on the jack, and one to the hot. another cool easy thing would be a coil tap. just get an spst switch, and (if your pickup has four insulated wires), two of the wires should be soldered together. take both of those and run them to one lug on the switch, and run the other lug to ground. another thing you can do is shave the finish off your neck, leave the sealer on. i've done it before and your neck should be much faster. you could also put on a stetsbar or a bigsby. stetsbars go on without any routing. cheers.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
I love the look of black hardware on cherry sb. plain black p'up covers/emgs look good in there too.

a killswitch and coil tap are worthy additions to. or ever a phase-adjust switcheroo
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
A few cosmetic mods can go a long way to changing a guitar's appearance. This is what my LP Studio looks like now with about $50 worth of parts... ignore the Agile in th epicture.

Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
how could you ignore the agile? i love trim. in fact, you could try to put binding on that lp. and some gold hardware. that would look mighty fine.
cheers 4 the ideas but shredmeiser u completely lost me with all the other wirin stuff but nice 1 anyway ill keep postin pics 2 show how am doin on it 4 now its jus a standard epi les paul cherry sunburst
if you need me to help explain more just pm me
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
for some reason my computer won't let me pm, so i'll talk to ya here
things that you want to put on that could change tone:
-tunomatic bridge could change it if not set up exactly like your old bridge
-pickup rings would only change tone if pickup height isn't exactly like it used to be
-pickup covers could change tone because pickups will have to pick up the vibrations through something
-tuners could change tone as the tension could be slightly different
*hope that helps with non-electrical stuff
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
it won't ruin the sound quality
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT