Is there any way to polish a satin finish to give it a glossier look?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Quote by beau05
I'd say country or bluegrass would be pretty difficult, for being inbred is a pre-requisite
A true satin finish has an additive in the clear coat that reflects lightwaves differently. They get buffed & polished just like gloss finish, but the additive gives it that flat look. In short, no. You can problay attempt to buff it out though, it may make it a little bit more glossier.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
yea, you'd have to take and paint it over with some clear gloss, make sure you prep it good though..
Sorry for hijacking your thread but how do you clean a satin finished guitar. I have one and there are some spots on it. Can i use a regular guitar gloss like ghs guitar gloss to remove the spots? I don't want it to shine i just want to remove the spots. The spots are from sweat. After i play my guitar i wipe it down but the spots still remain.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
yea, regular polish will work. but yea it might get a little more glossy, maby get just a guitar cleaner. i know they make it... try musicians friend..