ok i first thought of this at about the same time as Callum first opened his thread but the origonal thread has been lost somewhere.

It's slightly different to Callum and instead of listing a load of boring specs i'll just post the origonal concept pic and the pics of the guitar so far and let you guys suss it all out for yourselves. I did actually buy the wood fo this project a year ago but never actually got round to starting it , wood wise it is a maple centre with ash wings and the center is a mple neck blank. I also have another one for the XII neck which i will get a Luthier mate of my godfather's (he's a conductor for an orchestra) to help me.

Concept pic

templates

before glueing showing the ropes i used u basicly had two hammers through loops and twisted the ropes to tighten them...unorthodox but it apeared to have worked rather nicley
Last edited by sillybuuger12 at Aug 23, 2006,

all clamped up scuse my tea mug

24 hours later all glued and marked out ready to be cut

body cut out and waiting to bee cleaned up and shaped a bit more which is what i'm doing atm

more updates to come as i do more
So let me get this straight, you and Calum started at (roughly) the same time, and you just cut the body out? Jesus, I thought he was going slow!

Just joking around with you, this looks pretty interesting. But like the nerd that i am, I wanna see the specs. If that's no trouble
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
i didn't have the tools and I was at uni the wood was at home
I'll work out the specs later
Rhyd I hate you. How can it possibley not be rainging in whale-land?

Awesome looking brotha, loving the tele style control plate. I'm not sure what the name for that kind of pickguard material your using but i know i can get wafer thin slices of it from my dads work from next to nothing
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
not for a while i'm back at uni but the guitar is at home HOWEVER I did rout one of the neck pockets (a tad messily though) and bolt on the neck when i next go home i'll get you a pic
ignore my posting here i can't work on this till next holiday but don't want the thread to get deleted
the onlything i dont lik about it is th 12 string headstock

it reminds me of my moms dildo i accidenly found two days ago...
Quote by TonyRandall
it reminds me of my moms dildo i accidenly found two days ago...

Score, I thought I lost that.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
I believe you're just mad i'm getting action, and you're not.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
that could be.. but there was some brown stuff on it... was it mymothers stool or my step dads? idk which woul be worse.

:gag: :ewwwwwwwwwwwwww:
Oh god...
this is going to be swweeettt
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by TonyRandall
that could be.. but there was some brown stuff on it... was it mymothers stool or my step dads? idk which woul be worse.

:gag: :ewwwwwwwwwwwwww:

It might be mine.

But ontopic, yay, doubleneck!

What kind of finish are you giving it? Are you doing a veneer to make it look like the concept picture?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
i'll just be staining it black so that you can still see the grain. oh and algee the wod that maks up the wings of the guitar is very open grained how do i close it up? i'm sure i already know this but i've forgotten