whats the diffrence???? i think its the same guitar but i dunno i just want ppls opinion:

which one is nicest?

if there is anything diff exept the color

overall if theres a diffrence betweent he two guitars??

thks
there both identical in terms of components, the onli difference is the body and pick guard colour, personally i prefer the black one
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
I like the EX in terms of looks, but both have poor tremolo systems that won't stay in tune properly.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
maybe you could try to get an ibanez in that price range without a trem?... it'd be much more reliable.
I dont mean to highjack this thread but my buddy has a 350DX and loves the neck and he swapped out the pups for a evolution set i think but he wants to know if he can just drop in a Edge Pro in it or will it require routing?
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12
Warmoth Strat
Richmond Dorchester
Boss RC-50
Line 6 DL-4
Digitech Whammy 4
Zvex Mastotron
Boss RT-20
Look into a used RG570 or 550 or a S series.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by timi_hendrix
It's a shame they're so crap. They look killer.

it's a shame the trem is so crap. fixed it for u, no need to thank me
You can get an SZ320 for around $500 give/take and it's a killer IMO. If you really want a trem, I've heard the S series has a stable one.
i dont really want a trem and that sort of tunning because my friend says u cant Drop D it.. and i play like 75% of my songs drop d :P
well you can but its not easily, especially not for an Edge III trem [throws up]. I'd look at the RGA121 cos its soooo sexy, has a reliable and HUGE fixed bridge, good for drop tunings, and sounds good too, but thats my opinon.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
The Edge 3 can retrofit an original floyd. So don't worry about the trem if you're going to upgrade it.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yeh but most RG370/ RG350 now come with Edge Pro II trems i think so yeh

Used to, before EIII was invented.

EIII is claimed to be an easy swap with OFR (can't confirm that), and EPII is a no-rout swap with EP (saw that done). But then, OFR costs about as much as the rest of the RG3x0 guitar...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
An OFR costs about 160 if you shop around, and I know a guy who swapped an OFR into his DX.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Meh better than nothing
so you can put a ofr of a decent ofr copy in there???
Quote by Danno13

Go cut your wrists or whatever it is you emo kids do for fun, I'm not helping you.

member of UG's gain \/\/hores- pmgpderek09 to join
i talked to the guy at the shop and he said he can set it up for me and he says floating bridges r easy to use but require more care or something so im sticking with the RG350EX... and if the bridge causes trouble (which the guy highly doubts) ill get a better one
My every day life:

School
basketball
guitar
^Well, just remember to change the stock strings, don't remove all of them at once. Also be sure to stretch them. THey should be good to go after that. Also realize that heavy palm muting can cause it to go out of tune.

Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Meh better than nothing

Yay for my guitar, Ignore my uglyness please.
There great guitars, I have never had a prob with my trem, maybe i just got lucky though. Great deal for the 260 (new- blem) I got it for, and not a scratch or blemish or whatever on it, it was just a return :-D.
Quote by ibanezjuice23
i talked to the guy at the shop and he said he can set it up for me and he says floating bridges r easy to use but require more care or something so im sticking with the RG350EX... and if the bridge causes trouble (which the guy highly doubts) ill get a better one

not many trems are a direct placement for the Edge Pro II (i think these trems have replaced the Edge III) so yeh its better to save the money now and play with your current guitar then to go buy a guitar only to spend more money down the track for a new bridge
I really like mine. I don't use the trem on it, so I can't really comment on the Edge III system, but it does hold it's tune really well under 'normal' usage. I'm thinking of putting some EMG's in it though as I was a little dissapointed with the clarity of the stock pickups in it, so I threw in some SD ones, now i'm tempted to go for the EMG's.
Ok...i have been playing for well over a year now and i have an RG350 ex....and its a great guitar...its got awesome sound for metal and mostly any other type of music BUT.....this guitar is picky....its very cold natured....when it gets cold out say...winter time...it goes outta tune like crazy....and it wont stay in tune....it totally pisses me off...its not made for anything lower than a half step...its a total E flat guitar....it barely has any bevel so the soloing potential is endless....if i could do it over again....i prolly wouldnt have gotten this guitar due to the fact that its high maintenance....hope this helped..
Edge III can hold pretty long prior that:
- set up properly at all times
- not putting too much pressure on it (string gauges)
- you get it direct from factory->store->you, not in open box but still you have to inspect urself

Yes Edge III can be drop fit to an OFR/similar type of Floyd Rose but i heavily recommend getting a Gotoh. For Edge Pro II, it could be swapped with an Edge Pro with no routing necessary, the only problem is that it uses "hinge" type anchors unlike Edge III/Edge Pro. This type of anchoring system is used on the Ibanez ILT1/Lo-TRSII bridge and i found it a bit unstable. The Edge III can also except a Lo-Pro Edge but you'd need to sand/file the sides a bit.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
To be honest, I have a RG350DX, and I haven't had any problems at all with the trem. It stays in tune very well for me. Maybe I got lucky... The neck is really comfortable for me, I love it. And the pickups sound okay for now, but I wouldn't mind changing them out at some point for some others.

It's not a bad guitar, give it a try if you're interested.

PS - it's also permanently in drop D, and there is not a problem at all with the trem.
Guitars
Epiphone G-400
Ibanez RG350DX
Amps
Marshall MG50DFX
Fender Bronco
Pedals
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
MXR EVH Flanger
Boss MT-2
Boss NS-2

www.myspace.com/readysetbingo

Quote by Baba O'Riley
SGRocker407 you have some epic hair. Most curly.
Last edited by SGRocker407 at Oct 3, 2006,
people who say they're crap are fools, i own the 350dx and its soooo nice
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
people who say they're crap are fools, i own the 350dx and its soooo nice

no we're not the fools and thats your opinion but its also known that the trem on it isnt the best
Quote by timi_hendrix
It's a shame they're so crap. They look killer.

it's not crap. my edge III is now over three years old and holds tune perfectly because i can actually set up my guitar
Quote by zamacona
Rg 350 Dx!!!!!!!!

omg 2 year old dead thread.....why? honestly there was no need for it.
The EX looks like it has a lighter rosewood onit. Anyone else notice this?

Aw, ****. I just realized some noobtard revived this from the dead ._.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.