I've never had a problem with buzz before, but recently the G string has been buzzing. All the other strings are fine, and I didn't adjust anything. Is it possible that this is caused by old strings? (The strings are about 4 or 5 weeks old). My bridge is a gibson-style tuneomatic, btw.
no theres no way its happening because of the strings...ur neck might be slightly warped
Dead strings do promote that.

But, with a month of playing time , it shouldnt be at that level.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
No, I didn't change tuning. And the neck looks fine. If it's warped it must be a very slight amount... is there a good way to check for that?

Edit: The current strings are the factory default ones. So maybe they just suck?
dont worry about the neck.

either change the strings or
raise ur action a bit. the buzz should stop.

im going under the assumption the buzz is along the board someplace?
buzz at the nut is a little different.

if it was the neck ud buzz across the board. not just on one string.

action is adjusted at the bridge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
if u choose to change the strings, change them one at a time and replace with similar gauge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

It's not buzzing at the nut, it's on the fretwires. I'll try changing the strings tonight, if that doesn't help I'll raise the action, too. Thanks for the help.
ok repost of u need a picture tutorial. and remember one string at a time, keep the neck under pressure for now.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62