First off I am a huge fan of Audioslave and Rage Against The Machine. I just love the way Tom Morello plays and his style is amazing. I already have a fender strat but I would like to buy an inexpensive guitar similar to that of Tom's (just not a fender since i already have one, maybe his ibanez)

also what effects does he use. i am currently using a korg effects board but it can only do one maybe 2 effects at a time. thanks
i'm pretty sure he used a cheap knock-off guitar that he bought in a pawn shop in canada, i just don't know what brand
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
Tom uses strats a lot. You could probably modify yours to be more like one of his guitars (with a locking tremolo, killswitch etc).
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
if i modify mine it wont make it like..totally ghetto right? I modded the hell out of my paintball gun, and its rather, uh falling apart now. So where do I find these modifications and how much approx do they cost
ok this is what he has in his soul power (audioslave guitar)

Soul Power: A modified Fender Designer Series American Stratocaster. ( i have this cost me like $899, very nice, not so audioslavish its a metallic blue but its still nice) Has an Ibanez Tremelo, locking nut, kill switch and Hotrails pickup in the bridge. It is his main guitar in Audioslave. Tuned to Standard E.
he has a lot of guitars and i know almost all of them.(pretty much all of them have killswitches
1.fender aerodyne strat with ibanez lo-pro bridge and mirror pickguard
2.kramer with emg's and an ibanez lo-pro bridge(arm the homeless)
3.ibanez semi-hollow (black and red)
4.telecaster (pretty stock i think)
5.framus guitar (green black white and red) with a kahler bridge and 3 lipstick single coils
6.odd pawn shop yellow guitar with weird wavy headstock
7.double-neck sg with emg's
*i would suggest getting a kramer, as they are cheap, and sound good
*the effect he most uses is a whammy pedal.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
I know he uses a Whammy pedal obviously. And I believe he actually uses a Big Muff.

I'm not sure if his guitar is an Ibanez. I could've sworn he had the "Soul Power" guitar or whatever it's called, set up with Les Paul like hardware: Volume and Tone knobs for each pickup, so he can turn one all the way down and the other all the way up. And then he switches between them with the pickup selector. Meaning, I'm not sure if he actually had a killswitch.
I like the soul power version since i already have a fender strat.

If i have my local guitar shop put these things on my guitar that it shouldnt look ghetto correct?

what i need: (or what is similar)

Ibanez Tremelo, locking nut, kill switch and Hotrails pickup in the bridge

how much would these cost, and are they easily able to be put on a startocaster
the only thing that might be difficult and more costly would be the locking trem. swapping pups is pretty easy, killswitches aren't difficult to do either.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
what im thinking is to just let the guitar place to do since that is what they do. its free of charge since i bought the guitar there and the soon to be accessories. all i need to know how much approx do these cost. b/c they must be somewhat common these parts
If you're going to buy an Ibanez trem, make sure it's either an Edge Pro or a Lo-Pro Edge. A lot of them are pretty pants. (I'm sure there are more good Ibanez trems, i just can't remember the names).

You could also get an original floyd rose, they're one of the best locking trems.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
yeah, an OFR would probably be easier and cheaper to acquire. specifically ibanez trems are hard to come by, as they don't sell them separately
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.