I guess the title speaks for it self.

Basically, everyone says only get EMGs if you have a dark, hi-gain amp, but are EMGs trough a processor like a POD a good idea?
Quote by candysars
The best Pokemon is Metapod. Name him Wiener or P3n1s, and then use harden. LAWLZ everytime.

Schecter C-1 Elite EMG 81/85
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
I say what's the point - through a POD you can make your guitar sound completely different anyway so why actually get EMGs? Why not get something that sounds good clean as well?
Emg's do sound good clean IMO

edit: but you're right about the sound changing, emg's are a wastwe of money if you're getting a pod
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
yea, theres a PAD or normal switch on the POD xt live that takes off some "edge?'' off of emgs.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
I see.

Thanks for the input.
Quote by candysars
The best Pokemon is Metapod. Name him Wiener or P3n1s, and then use harden. LAWLZ everytime.

Schecter C-1 Elite EMG 81/85
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
POD XT + EMG = metal

Yeah, it's a good combination.

And I disagree about EMGs only sounding good on dark tube amps. If you match EMGs with the right wood, they'll sound good with any amp, solid state, tube, briught, dark, etc...
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
PODs are nice.. just whatever you do.. if you ever get rid of it... DON'T BUY A DIGITECH.

Haha.. the EMG-POD combination would be interesting.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
is a digitech RP300 pedal a processesor? because i get a kickass tone with it, it sounded great with my epiphone SG and sounds better with my new RG1570, seriously, ive got a tube amp also a traynor, and omg its like a proffessional tone, my tube amp looks like its about 120w, and it says its about 22w :S wtf? but yeah thats a kickass sound and setup(make sure you go to number 40 for the solo tone.