Page 1 of 2
What are the biggest bands around where you live that all posers listen to?

Around my town it's Green Day, it drives me crazy, everyone's dying their hair black and bringing pictures of Green Day to school.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
ummm 50 cent is homosexual bastard banned from going a state in america and chavs love him
green day simple plan, fall out boy, that kind of ****

and some gay ****ers pretend to listen to the rolling stones, pink floy, zeppelin, etc
cuz they like the logos or whatever
fags...
CTHC
well, flock to any band that is popular. My Chemical Romance, Greenday, Fall out Boy, Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, The Ramones.... I personally love all of those bands except Fall out boy but that does not make me a poser. If I said I loved Black Sabbath but only knew Iron Man then I would be a poser. Then again we all start out as posers dont we?
all the posers at my school listen to rap. to the threadstarter, i like green day, but it does get annoying with all these people calling them punk. they are not.
AC/DC

Not because of the band, but because all the posers go round wearing one of their shirts, and they haven't heard a single song by them.
Any classic rock band that have their tshirts for sale at your local JC Pennys.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
Quote by Robman2k9
AC/DC

Not because of the band, but because all the posers go round wearing one of their shirts, and they haven't heard a single song by them.

because they sell their shirts or spin-offs of them at Wal-Mart, Target, Kohls and any other department store. and about the FOB thing. I used to like them but it was before all the posers and MTV. I was 12 at the time.

My vote goes for Taking Back Sunday.

I love that band I've heard almost every single song that they've made from day 1 before Tell All Your Friends. I've been a fan for a few years now but lately since 'Makedamnsure' everyone and their three legged dog claims to love them. And they've only heard that one song. I still don't understand it. It kinda makes me angry, then again im a relasped Indie Police.
Quote by BreakingTheGirl
the start out as posers thing is very true...

Yeah, I used to think listening to Green Day was punk . I was so silly.

I still like them, but now I actually understand and apreciate what punk actually is.
why do you care about the way other people dress or the music they listen to?? its people like that that i really can't stand
Quote by Robman2k9
AC/DC

It gonna get twice as bad now because Sears and Wal-Mart are now selling AC/DC, The Stones and Pink Floyd shirts, hats, wrist bands and wallets.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
what i don't get furthermore is the logic of calling someone a poser. with that logic, everyone is, or was a poser, at one point in time. ever think that they dress and act that way b/c they actually like the band?

so a friend burns me a slayer album...i listen to it, like it, no forget that i love it. i start buying all of slayer's albums and i start buying their apparel, etc. that makes me a poser? hate to say it, but maybe you should listen to Holier Than Thou. Better yet, read the lyrics.
Some kids in my school wear AC DC shirts just because I wear them, what's with that? I listen to them but I doubt the other kids could even name 1 song by them. Started out as posers? How is that? Most of the music I listen to is because my cousin's friend introduced me to Metallica, I always liked it, never liked Green Day, never thought it was punk, that's where I my friends in school told me about bands like Korn and Slipknot so I started listening, I never pretend to like music if I don't, no matter how pressuring it is, I'm not sayings it's any different or that same for you guys but I don't see where you're coming from with the "We all started out as posers thing". Please explain.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

Quote by andrew12398
Some kids in my school wear AC DC shirts just because I wear them, what's with that? I listen to them but I doubt the other kids could even name 1 song by them. Started out as posers? How is that? Most of the music I listen to is because my cousin's friend introduced me to Metallica, I always liked it, never liked Green Day, never thought it was punk, that's where I my friends in school told me about bands like Korn and Slipknot so I started listening, I never pretend to like music if I don't, no matter how pressuring it is, I'm not sayings it's any different or that same for you guys but I don't see where you're coming from with the "We all started out as posers thing". Please explain.

first of all, i didnt say we all started out as posers. i said if you used the logic seen within your first post then that would be the case. and what makes you think that people just 'pretend' to like music? maybe they actually do enjoy it and if its not your cup of tea then so be it. God did a pretty good job on that whole free will thing...
Quote by andrew12398
I never pretend to like music if I don't, no matter how pressuring it is, I'm not sayings it's any different or that same for you guys but I don't see where you're coming from with the "We all started out as posers thing". Please explain.

I guess I can see where they're coming from. We all started out not knowing anything about the bands we like now, so I guess that's right. But I know what you mean, I never wear the shirts of bands I don't like, and I own at least 2 albums of every artist I have a shirt for. So I didn't start out as a poser when I first wore the shirt, I was already knowledgable of the band's music. I got my first GNR shirt after buying Appetite For Destruction and Use Your Illusion I and II, and my first Queen shirt after listening to 3 albums and seeing a DVD (I could go on forever). Therefore I was not a poser when I wore the shirt.
Quote by Robman2k9
I guess I can see where they're coming from. We all started out not knowing anything about the bands we like now, so I guess that's right. But I know what you mean, I never wear the shirts of bands I don't like, and I own at least 2 albums of every artist I have a shirt for. So I didn't start out as a poser when I first wore the shirt, I was already knowledgable of the band's music. I got my first GNR shirt after buying Appetite For Destruction and Use Your Illusion I and II, and my first Queen shirt after listening to 3 albums and seeing a DVD (I could go on forever). Therefore I was not a poser when I wore the shirt.

if there are people copying your style/listening to the music that you do, if anything you should look at it as a form of flattery. we all are influenced by other people, its simply human nature. we take what we like and make it our own style in one way or another, its part of the evolution of our modern arts ie music.
Quote by Dumpster510
if there are people copying your style/listening to the music that you do, if anything you should look at it as a form of flattery. we all are influenced by other people, its simply human nature. we take what we like and make it our own style in one way or another, its part of the evolution of our modern arts ie music.

That exactly what I'm saying
Seriously, why do some of you people really care if there are people that are supposedly "posers" in your eyes? Let people do what they want. Sheesh.

Originally Posted by Dumpster510

I agree with you there.

And besides, surely there must be bigger fish to fry than just worrying about these so-called "posers" buying shirts of bands/dress like the band/etc. that they (according to the threadstarter and others that agree with him/her) apparently don't know a lot about and are just going along with the current trend.
Well, the people who I am talking about, I DO know that they know nothing of it, so don't start saying crap to me without asking questions, and don't say I didn't because you know I asked about it.

Sometimes letting people do stupid stuff is influencing it, "posing" is extremely annoying after a while.

Originally Posted by Dumpster510
if there are people copying your style/listening to the music that you do, if anything you should look at it as a form of flattery.

Lol I should look at it like that shouldn't I lol.

But seriously though, where I live this is a "REALLY big fish to fry".
Quote by Zinnie

Atreyu older stuff is kinda cool...but ya...posers listen to them, and they think they are big and bad because of listening to it its fr9ckin gay!
I do this crazy thing called not concerning myself with what other people wear and listen to.
Quote by sargasm
I do this crazy thing called not concerning myself with what other people wear and listen to.

u posr!
They are super heavy metal ;D jk

I do this crazy thing called not concerning myself with what other people wear and listen to

If you're gonna use sarcasm about what I have to say the get the hell out of the thread, I don't need sarcasm, my dad uses it enough.
Quote by Zinnie

It was a form of sarcasm.
Quote by Zinnie

People who pretend to be punks flock to Green Day, Yellowcard, Blink 182, The Ramones(at least they get one band right), and (God help us all) Good Charlotte.

People who pretend to be emo kids flock to Hawthorne(sp?) Heights, Aiden, and My Chemical Romance.

People who pretend to be goths flock to Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Korn and The Cure.

People who pretend to be hard rockers flock to The Darkness, Led Zepplin, a good deal of hair metal bands.

People who pretend to be thugs flock to 50 Cent, Ludacris, P. Diddy, Eminem, D12 and most other mainstream gangster rap artists.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
I can take sarcasm, but I can't take smartasses giving me sarcasm.
Quote by Zinnie

Show me the other 999 times and I'll agree, or at least 9.
Quote by Zinnie

Page 1 of 2