hey , i was wondering how would a guitar made out of maple sound like compared to alder or mahogany? would it make an OK sounding guitar ? thanks
Maple would be a lot brighter than mahogany, and probably more so than alder. It'd be pretty heavy too, I think.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
A maple guitar would be extremely bright and really, really heavy.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
You'd have quite an aching back after30 mins really, like carrying a les paul.

QUIZ TIME
Oooh, which is heavier?

Maple les paul or maho les paul

DOn't forget maho is a very dense wood too.
Quote by Invictious
QUIZ TIME
Oooh, which is heavier?

Maple les paul or maho les paul

DOn't forget maho is a very dense wood too.

Normally it'd be maple (assuming you don't mean the crappy soft maple that some korean factories use.) But it'd depend on the two peices of wood you pick though, you could make it go either way..

And Maple bodied guitars can sound very nice, they're extremely tight sounding and have an almost percussive high end. It'd be very good for country styles and equally high gain styles where clarity is required.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Quote by power freak

And Maple bodied guitars can sound very nice, they're extremely tight sounding and have an almost percussive high end. It'd be very good for country styles and equally high gain styles where clarity is required.

very true. I rather like the sound of a good maple guitar. people say they'd be really bright without actually understanding what that means.