Ok, i have thrown all the ideas of getting a new guitar and **** to get this amp.
I need first hand comments on it, I play alot of punk so i dont need too much gain and would the 40 watts be enought to gig small/medium venues?
I tried and wasnt overly impressed tbh. Couldnt crank it in the shop though. Other amps would be better suited to punk. 40 watts valve would be plenty for small venues. IMO the amps clean was quite sterile and the OD very very fizzy. I didnt spend enough time with it to get the full impression but these were my intial thoughts.
maybe if you could turn it up more you might of got a better distortion as the tubes need to be pre-heated and at higher volume to get full potential!?
i tried that, a tsl100, a jcm 800, and a jcm 900, and have come to the conclusion that the jcm 900 (with el34's) is the best one. it is the most versatile, and sounds best in my opinion. I'd make sure it has el34's though, cause i found the 5881's to be slightly sterile and thin sounding, and get a dual reverb.
its a bit out of my price they are.. ya my brother had the JCM 900 and it was beautiful!!!!!!! I mean nice modern distortion and nicest cleans I've heard.....He sold it without telling me
^yeah man, i'd buy another one... plus it's even cheaper than the dsl, and i much prefer it. the jcm can get anything from good cleans to vintage overdrive to modern rock distortion, the dsl can only do shoddy cleans and modern distortion, although it might have sounded better with a good cab, cause this was the combo. plus, if you need more gain than the jcm, you can use the money you saved on a ts808.
how much does the JCM 900 go for??, see I'd have to buy combo, but later could get a cab etc.
if you wanna hear the DSL at fairly loud volumes add me on skype (joel_grieve) or msn (killswitch1516) and be on in about 7 hours. i'll have it fairly loud.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel

skype is a over the internet chat thing. i'll have a mic set up and yuo will hear the noise thru your speakers....
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
i've seen jcm900's go for anywhere from 500 to 700 on craigslist and ebay.